How much are you guys making on average per month…?

how much are you guys making on average per month… ? my pay out looks kinda sad after so many years on sno… how much will you get if you already hitting 5TB of used space… ?
just wondering…

2 Likes

I’m guessing around 15usd a month. i’ve got a 9tb earning $30 and a 5tb earning around $15.

My 5TB was about $19-20 for 2021-01, but it’s wildly dependent on your egress of that storage. The 7.7TB made $32 in that same period but also has older data. All amounts were before holdback, by the way.

Edit:
This is an example as of 2021-02-18 09:44 EST (nodes are on different networks/geo areas) -

4 Likes

You also can check this thread:

I have currently used ~13TB and monthly I get ~50$.

2 Likes

i usually calculated with 4$ pr TB

5 Likes

I’m getting around $ 100 for current 26TB

1 Like

28,3 TB - 90$ :confused: :smiley:

and 20 char…

1 Like

close to 9TB and should be close to $40 at the end of the month.

1 Like

300-400$ 90TB 20 chars

3 Likes

Aha! So you’re one of those $300+ whales I see on the payment days. Kind of nice to know its the ~100TB tier SNO that makes such level of cash- something to look towards.

3 Likes

Well that’s probably not behind the same IP though… Not as easy as it might seem to store that much data on Storj nodes ^^

2 Likes

yea… i was about to say the same thing…
however, it is pretty true now that, if you are not going at 100TB storage mark, you wont see return…
it looks like it is time for some upgrade … go big or go home for me …

I think the 100TB target is tough to reach right now. There was a time when ingress was really heavy so if you could cast a wide net (i.e. multiple locations with different /24 subnets), you could catch a ton of data. I wonder if that’s when they were busy with the GitBackup project. Looks like a lot of the activity now has shifted to egress, so people with large amounts of data at rest are benefiting.

2 Likes

when i started, there was much more data, first i made 1 node for 4 TB, then looked forward and seen some benefits. After some months there was massive biG Egress test so i made 300-400$ and invested tu used harware. so step by step I expanded. now i have 40+ nodes, multiple fiber connection, UPS backups. I made software to have posibilitie monitore my nodes, update and Expand nodes all my nodes are windows GUI. So my Toolbox was made to easely make new nodes.

5 Likes

@Vadim why you choose Windows? Thank you.

1 Like

Because this is envierment thant i know how to cook.

4 Likes

its actually a more easier manage environment comparing it to linux i felt… i have challenges when i need to start playing around with grafana to monitor my simple node…

Hi everyone!

I am new, I am discovering Web3 stuff and feeling very much interested in Storj’s approach after having read quite a lot about several other networks… However, I still have quite a few questions that you may be able to answer. Sorry if the questions are stupid, I still have a lot to learn…

1. Is there a formula to anticipate the amount of the reward? It could be based on space offered by the node, space used on the node, node’s network traffic, total offer and total demand on the network, other variables etc.

2. If such a formula exist, is it proportional or not (for example logaritmic); for example, will anyone double their reward if they double their offered space on the node?

3. Given the number mentioned in this thread, around 4 US Dollars per TB, I thought I could invest in a 12-bay NAS (2000 USD), 12 HDD of 18 TB each (216 TB for 7200USD), a decent computer (800 USD), and then receive 850 USD per month. (I have not seen bigger than 12-bay NAS in Amazon). If you withdraw 60USD of additional electricity fees (I don’t withdraw the 50 USD unlimited 1Gb fiber subscription because I would have it anyway), you need 13 months to reimburse the investment, and then make 800 USD every month. Repeat the operation a second time and you can live only on it. Do it a third time and you can afford nice vacations etc. There is no end to it. So here are the questions:
    – If many people go this way, won’t there be a too big offer and too little demand, leading to all the nodes receiving too few money?
    – If a few big players can afford massive investments, won’t it kind of defeat the spirit of decentralised storage? For example, what if Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon etc. set up hundreds of super-massive Storj nodes while also using Storj’s storage, thus drastically reducing their storage expenses, increasing their profits, choking small nodes like you and me and actually becoming stronger than ever?

I find Web3 very promising. But I am not young any more. I found Web1 very promising, then Web2 very promising. Big companies and any abuses left possible (thus certain, according to Murphy’s Law) have never failed to crush my hopes in things I was finding promising…

1 Like

Great to see keen interest but I would advice against that. It would take years for you to fill up that kind of capacity. By than multiple of those hdd would die most likely. Best starting point is to use old pc or some kind of low power server or raspberry pi and use a single hdd.
I run my nodes across multiple different locations and different ip subnets. This allows me to have redundancy as I use storj profits for running some hobby home lab. currently I have 4 nodes across 2 countries in 4 different locations.

3 Likes