How to configure multiple nodes on a single server?

During Townhall today, it was announced multiple nodes on 1 IP is now supported, however, multiple node IDs (?) are not supported. So, how does that work?

Would I request another auth code…and then? Looking for a step-by-step (Ubuntu 18.04). Specifically, I would like to run a node for each drive on my (hardware redundant) server. Have unlimited fiber connection and looking to maximize egress stats. Thanks!

Yes, that will give you a unique node ID. Although, i think the recommended setup is to wait to fill the first node before you start the second. But I’d like to see results of that test.

My first node is full (1.7 TB/2.0 TB)

Looking for a step-by-step so I don’t mess up what I already have. :slight_smile:

1. Register on waitlist with a different email address
  2. Start the second node on the different external port

However, it’s definitely better to fill the first node, then spin up the second, otherwise the vetting process could take forever.

On today’s Town Hall there was an offer to start allowing folks to request more invites to run more than one node. How would we go about making these requests?

Interested as well to obtain a second node.

Thanks @KernelPanick. If you try to do that with the same email address you get an error. It doesn’t allow for a second request.

The town hall request seemed to contradict that. Maybe they need to change it. In the meantime you can submit a separate email. You can still use the same wallet ID

Thank you Colonel!

UPDATE: I contacted support and they suggested I register on the website using a different email :frowning:

Good enough for now I suppose.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Setup Multiple Nodes