How to increase bandwidth

Hey guys, I am running the windows gui and was wondering how I would increase the bandwidth. I didn’t use docker to install the storj node.

This can be set in the config file under C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node if you are using the default path. You might not be able to save directly to that path. I had to make a copy (to desktop) and then edit that one and then copy it back.

Look for # total allocated bandwidth in bytes storage.allocated-bandwidth: and set it. Example storage.allocated-bandwidth: 10.0 TB

Restart SNO either from the Services console, or reboot the computer after you completed and then check to see if it is updated in the dashboard.

2 posts were split to a new topic: How to limit the bandwidth?

So I copied the file changed the bandwidth with and now the web gui is saying unable to connect

Check the simple things first. IP has not changed (both public and private). If either of these have changed it could be your issue.

Do you have a backup of your config file? If so, please, restore it.
Then use the Notepad++ to edit the config file. Do not use a regular Notepad.

What if i said no, i didn’t back it up? L

Then install the Notepad++, open the config with it and save the config in the UTF8 encoding without BOM.
Make sure, that you do not have a special symbols in the upper left corner in the beginning of the text, if you see them - please, remove. Then save the config and restart the storagenode service either from the Services applet or from the elevated Powershell

Restart-Service storagenode

Then check your logs:

cat "$env:ProgramFiles\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.log" -Tail 20