Is it not possible any longer to backup QNAP using HBS3 Hybrid & Tardigrade?

I am certainly new to Storj, but like what I have read about it. I am just having a harder-than-I-should time finding current information on backing up a QNAP Ts-431XeU to Storj.

I have found a few mentions about successes using the QNAP HBS3 Hybrid native app and Tardigrade to get backups of the NAS to the Storj DCS; however, it is just in some forum posts with deadlinks all throughout. However, that info, what little is actually available, is from 2 years ago at the most recent.

Now, searching anything related to QNAP + Storj is utterly worthless as it is 100% about using QNAP extra space to “make money” and as a node. I mean, I get that’s good and cool and all, but doesn’t Storj actually want paying customers as well? Am I totally missing the boat here? Is backing up my QNAP not possible any longer? If it is, what is the best way and where can I find the info?

I have searched the Storj documentation and haven’t found anything related to what I am trying to do.

Hi @Outhouse3464
Until someone who’s done this replies you can try the wayback machine copy of the old ‘how to’ page:

It’s possible using S3 credentials. I have this set up on my home NAS and it works well.

You’d create a storage space in the HBS3 app as S3 compatible and use https://gateway.storjshare.io (the Storj managed gateway) as the S3 endpoint, and then use that storage when setting up your backup schedules in the app.

4 Likes