Log-Exporter for Prometheus with Grafana Dashboard

Time for an update:

You need to update the log-exporter container!

because with the last update storjlabs added a “size” attribute to all upload messages and I only added it to the upload_successful… So you are missing information at the moment.

New Dashboard

I created a new dashboard that also needs the storj-exporter from @greener Prometheus Storj-Exporter and can be found in his dashboard repository as well as mine. You can download it from here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kevinkk525/storj-log-exporter/main/dashboard_log_exporter.json

The new dashboard has many metrics and many options. Choose what you want to see. You can (un)hide the sections you want to see. Coloring has been standardized, ingress/upload is green, egress/download is blue, storage(io) is purple-ish. Also egress is always shown negative in graphs and ingress positive (netdata does it the same way, the old exporter from @greener does it the other way around, so don’t be surprised).

Sections:

• Combined Summary with all important information. If you only look at these, you won’t miss anything important. It will warn you about (among other things) new error messages or the minimum uptime/audit/suspension score of any node on any satellite, so you can quickly see if one node is having a problem.
  • Node overview showing all nodes in a boomtable with the most important information. Get a quick overlook over all nodes and possible problems (audit score dropping etc).
  • Different form of NetIO graphs: Simple (maybe you like it because it has less colors), By node (multiple colors, very distinct node overview), by satellite (so you can finally see where all that traffic comes from or which satellite deletes lots of data)
  • Successrates
  • Piece information (see what average pieces size you get/send, repair and usage difference)
  • Detailed stats from each node

See pictures in the first post, or better: Just try it :smiley:

2 Likes