We have updated the project dashboard a few times in the past to show either the allocated bandwidth or the settled bandwidth but both of these approaches have caused confusion and has led to some support tickets for our team. We wanted to ask you all for feedback on this topic. We have a few options we could go with for this project dashboard
- Show allocated bandwidth
- allocated bandwidth is something specific to our product, users may not be familiar with this concept, this would also show more bandwidth than what the customer might actually use so they might be confused about their usage.
- Show settled bandwidth
- settled bandwidth is what the customer actually pays for, this is almost always going to be delayed a few hours to a few days so if the customer downloads a 1 GB file and immediately goes to check the dashboard they most likely will NOT see any usage, this can confuse the customer.
- show both allocated and settled
- we would need explain our bandwidth concepts to the users, they may not be familiar.
- 4 something we haven’t thought of yet
- This is why we are asking for feedback hehe help us solve this problem for our customers.
Please let us know what you think!