MAR 10, 2020: Februay SNO payouts are complete

Just got 0,15 usd worth Storj, who wants beer :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I still canā€™t really explain why the stefan benten payout is this large. Even with additional surge on egress for the first 2 weeks and the last week of January included it still doesnā€™t seem to add up to the roughly $120 that was paid out. I must be overlooking something, but I was expecting something closer to $80-90.

This month got a little complicated with all the changes and Iā€™m obviously not complaining about getting more. I think Iā€™ll just consider this one a mystery and look at next month again to try and replicate the payout calculation.

Edit: To those who are new and get very excited about these numbers. January was very good to us and thatā€™s spilling over into February. This is not what you should expect to earn on average. This month is looking like itā€™ll be around $10. Which is similar to what February would have been if there was no payment from January included and no surge payouts. So that seems to be the average for now, though I do expect future growth in that number due to further adoption.

2 Likes

Youā€™re right. I got 920 STORJ this month, 1300 last month. So the split of 3 weeks and 1 week doesnā€™t quite work. Must be with the held amount.

January was also 2x, and may be as you are very old user 3x? this is the diference?

Nope, took that into account. It was indeed x3 for me. In fact I even calculated all of feb as x3 as well as it didnā€™t matter too much compared to what was left over form jan. Itā€™s ok, itā€™ll remain a mystery.

and also if the sattelite wil be down the need to pay out als the hold amound also from like the last 4 or 5 moths right ?

Itā€™s not an even split 1/4 splitā€¦ itā€™s the last week of orders.

My node got more traffic later in the month. So, my payout this month included a larger than 1/4 share of last monthā€™s payoutā€¦ similarly, last month was a little lower than 3/4 share.

My rough calculation is fairly close to what I received.

2 Likes

That was it. I thought that would be a decent estimate. It was not. I went back to check last months payout to see what I missed and it was much more than I expected. So that explains the difference. I was missing more than 1/3rd of the payout for last month. Which was paid out now.

2 Likes

Ah good to know. Thanks guys. I didnā€™t check how much I was expecting last month. So it wasnā€™t linear over the monthā€¦ alright :smiley:

Looks like something is wrong with the stefanbenten satellite payments (0x66f0b890c2bf6d71756f03fd3b2aad18b39775ec) - my node earned 40ā€™000 the amount of my girlfriends node, and we have similar stats.

I have no idea what you mean here, but I would once again refer you to the earnings calculator to see whether you are correct about the expected payout. Keep in mind that if you didnā€™t start both nodes at the same time there also may be a different held back percentage in play.

We started the nodes around the same time and received more or less the same amount of STORJ per month - except for last month, where I received over 900 STORJ, and she received like 0.02 STORJ.
I donā€™t need a calculator to figure something is wrongā€¦

Good morning everyone! There are quite a few points I am going to try to address from the last 12 hours or so of conversations you all have had:

• Multiple payouts per node: We recently automated the Storage Node Operator payout calculations we do every month and in that process, we decided to switch over to multiple transactions per wallet (1 transaction per node) because in this new payout process once the payouts are completed we feed ā€œreceiptsā€ back into the satellite so that the satellite can essentially reconcile the payments and update the data we have for each of the nodes. Part of the reason we are doing this is so that we can display more information about the payouts on the Storage Node Dashboard for our SNOā€™s.
  • Concern over transaction fees because of multiple payouts per wallet: This is definitely something we are keeping in mind and we are exploring possible solutions for how to make sure the transaction fees are not too expensive. just to put this monthā€™s payouts into perspective we are spending less than $500 USD for almost 40K transactions on the Etheruem network so it is still manageable for us. Some ideas we have been exploring is having a minimum payout and some advanced smart contract stuff that would allow SNOā€™s to cashout when every they would like.
  • Stefans Satellite: Stefanā€™s satellite has been around since we launched our first alpha and his satellite has played a tremendous role thus far. We have used it for extensive testing, making sure we are building out the satellite in a way that makes it possible for anyone to run, giving us a benchmark to compare the other satellites we run, and making sure we are uploading/ download enough data on the network to ensure our SNOā€™s are getting decent payouts while we have been in pre-production. It has not been formally communicated to everyone what will happen with Stefanā€™s satellite but one thing we are doing is moving more of our testing/ uploading/ downloading efforts to the salt lake city satellite.
  • Salt lake city satellite: This is a new testing satellite we spun up to do load testing, stress testing, can upload/ downloading on the network with. This satellite is only going to be used by Storj employees.
  • Last months payout vs this months payout: Last month we paid out SNOs about $160k this month we are paying out SNOs about $115K

I hope this clears up some of the confusion please let me know if you have any other questions!

7 Likes

Payouts are still continuingā€¦ you sure there are five payments each node?

I will also post on this thread when payouts are completed; so please hang tight until then!

2 Likes

Have you checked the dashboard to see all is good on the node and it isnā€™t disqualified? The earnings calculator can show you what the amount should have been. If it also displays a small amount there is something wrong with the node and not the payouts. It would help narrow things down.

But most important, make sure all 5 payouts from each satellite have been completed.

This just means you got your payout before your girlfriendā€¦Doesnt mean the payments are done being sent.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s about a 98% discount compared with ACHā€¦

I still donā€™t understand why more businesses arenā€™t using Ethereum to pay employees.

Does this payouts contains Steefen benten escrow amount? or escrow will be pay when stefen benten will shut down?

1 Like

@Vadim it will be paid back if or when that satellite is shutdown.

3 Likes