Minimum Threshold for Storage Node Operator Payouts

The minimum amount would be in 4 times higher than an average fee in the future payout weeks.

3 Likes

The idea of an opportunist payout algorithm makes sense. It would also help the ethereum network by distributing load, it could say payout when ever the distribution balance to TX fee > ‘x’ ratio and/or time since last wallet payout > ‘n’ days/months.

4 Likes

Thanks, i searched for any topics on this, but all were dated last year 2020. So assumed i was blocked or banned from pay-outs that’s all. I don’t understand, i usually earn more than $5 per month so technically i should have been paid. Correct?

1 Like

The transaction fees were as high as $9, so the minimum payout for December payments made in January was $36.

2 Likes

Gotcha, wow, that’s really high. Etherium huh, why didn’t anyone developing these tokens/coins think of these issues. Hopefully eth has seen its peak now, a correction should come any day now back to the mean. Hold on, i have just got to send a payment from my bnk, oh, its ‘free’ what a surprise. Gees when will people wake up. I love blockkchain, but fees are really an issue. Not worthy of their technology. Eth 2,0 will not be much better IMO. Storj rules. great to see more collaborations. This is the future, but we need to see more change to ‘no fees’ before this technology can revolutionise the industries for the better. Thanks though for the comments, clears that up 100%. Much appreciated.

There is some mathematical theory about this stuff. When you want to pick the best option within a set time frame, a super rough simplification would be to monitor the options for about a third of that timeframe just to learn what the range of options is, then after that you pick the first option that beats all the options you’ve seen before.

This site goes into that in much more detail and with the actual numbers instead of my rough estimation.

So one suggestion could be to take the last 10 days of the previous month as the learning period and then start paying out when the cost drops below the lowest cost in that timeframe.

One flaw of applying this logic is that this is meant for randomly distributed data points and of course that’s not exactly the case with gas prices. Applying it to gas prices might risk never seeing a better price. But they could always decide to in those cases just start the payout in the last week and take their losses. On average they would probably still save a whole lot of money by simply applying this trick.

3 Likes

checks transaction against storj value at that time

hmmmm… yea, about that- $36 is what I got but others that had about 32 or 34 missed the cut.

1 Like

So gas is really high again.
https://etherscan.io/gastracker around 7 usd… yeah… i think if i´m lucky i will get my payout next month …

1 Like

Gas tracker shows fiat values for eth transactions, token transactions take more gas and about 70% more expensive.

I hope storjlabs will wait it out and not spend money on fees when gas costs so much.

Me too. =(
Small SNO like me, with only 2TB shared (monthly income 6/7$), will get paid only 3 times year if lucky.
I’ve also planned to upgrade to 10TB shared changing all the drive in the server but now I’m riconsidering it.

I’ve played with other Storj competitors but, for me, Storj is the simplest. Fast setup and forget.
But if a solution for the payment will not be found I’m not sure to stay.

What do you think about?

6 Likes

storj need changes or users shutdown a nodes… with 2tb it bad, they need thinks or pay if gass it less…

2 Likes

yeah, ether pumps all the time, gas price is insane
perhaps we would need to postpone the Jan payout till March? :wink:

how about paying node operators in BCH/LTC ? Or other coin with low transaction fees.

1 Like

Hi @husanu this has been discussed and the answer is the same

7 Likes

what a gass

6 Likes

Considering Storj goes for near instantaneous payments (read: fast/high), I don’t think anyone will qualify for the the 25% margin mark for Jan '21.

1 Like

it’s just hard to really pin point that down…here’s what that shows now…

1 Like

and here it is again ~3 hours later. just seems crazy how much this fluctuates.

2 Likes

Just got my Payout, ~25$ transaction fee

2 Likes

Jajajajaj 208 payouts lol this is a joke, less than last mou… good escuse for dont pay users

1 Like