Minimum Threshold for Storage Node Operator Payouts

It’s all in the blockchain and available to everyone. Go to etherscan or any other eth blockchain explorer, find the address that sent you storj and export its token transactions.
To save you some time, there were roughly 5.2k payments in december vs. less than 500 payments in january. TX fee in december was a bit above $2, while in january it fluctuated between $4.8 and $7 (maybe more, I was too lazy to analyze it all).

1 Like

When it comes down to it, it doesn’t matter if you were due $6 or $36, payments were stopped, I’ve looked over the satellite contract payments and like I was saying there are very small amounts $5 - $10, decent amounts like $20 - $100 and massive amounts i.e. $100’s + etc that were all paid out…I imagine in the usual order.

On storjnet.info you can show statistics about payout

There is december

But… 1 payout is not 1 nodeoperator… Nodeoparators maybe dont respect more nodes,one eth address

Maybe storj need changes…
In 6 mou… do earn 100% and dont want 15 mount for generated all…

wow, 500 payments send vs 5000 last month
only 10% of sno got paid because of the new change implemented.

Could also be bigger SNOs who for some reason decided to use different addresses for their nodes.

payouts are not complete as there was no announcment about this, so more people will get payd.

1 Like

If the minimum is in per-node.
Imagine if someone have 10 full 1TB nodes.

In future could we set a payout frequency on our end. I.e a dropdown or setup parameter that says pay monthly, quarterly, half year etc?

4 Likes

It’s per payout address

1 Like

Hello. Two stupid questions:
When Ethereum 2.0 is implemented, will it seemlessly replace Ethereum 1.0 or will it operate as a separate blockchain, necessating a decision from Storj to move from one blockchain to the other?
Does Ethereum 2.0 aim or could it result in decreasing the transaction fees?
Many thanks.

You can read about that here: https://docs.ethhub.io/ethereum-roadmap/ethereum-2.0/eth-1.0-to-2.0-migration/

I think it will result in decreasing of transaction fees, since the effort to close a transaction will be drastically reduced by the proof of stake algorithm.

1 Like

Hi community, popping back in to say that we continued our internal conversations over the weekend, and I thikn we have some good progress. I’m working on a detailed response now. this thread did grow over the past few days, so three are many points to address. But please hang in there, and I’ll get it posted as soon as I can condense it down somewhat.

Thanks very much Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe. Will update again asap

20 Likes

In my opinion, following is wrong - “You may not understand and you just look at it as “storj said well get paid monthly” There is no guarantees of this and just doesn’t work like that”.
Within business relations, if one party of agreement sets payment condition, and, lets say as an example, it involves some currency risk (like transfer rate between USD and EUR and so on), such payment condition has to be kept regardless of how that exchange rate fluctuates, even if one party has to pay double or quadriple the amount.
Same goes for gas fee. If one of the parties never mentioned that there is a special condition about gas fee, or that this gas fee is a responsibility of other party (in one way or another) - it is their responsibility to bear costs for such payment, or seek a mutual solution at least.
If there is no guarantee that monthly payments could be done always - no need to make such statement.

7 Likes

Having to track historical gas prices to see if a payout from Storj is going to be made is a bit tedious, a couple ideas for the Storj Dashboard, or for implementation somewhere else:

• Show a payout threshold, that way SNO’s can look at their dashboard and know what will/won’t get paid
  • Stop automated payments, making them manual instead. That way SNO’s can request a cash-out and see what fee they want to pay
3 Likes

I just came here to say I am disappointed I that I will not get paid this month. I will continue supporting storj as an operator on my 4 nodes for the time being. Better times will come hopefully. :pray:

4 Likes

As far as I can see it, us small SNOs provide the redundancy that actually provides the Tardigrade network it’s resilience. I’m pretty sure few end customers are streaming video directly from my home connection in any performant manner. But the payment system can’t compensate us for our time and efforts without exorbitant transactions fees which would be pointless if they did (although they have up until recently anyway), as we couldn’t do anything with any payments sent for the exactly the same reason.

Maybe this is really Pyramid/Ponzi scheme that only works by suckering in small SNOs on a fairly regular basis to create some transient redundancy - some of which get smart and leave and some that don’t.

I don’t think it is, but the maths at the moment only really makes sense if that were actually the case, especially factoring in the withheld amount which you’d never receive if you have a hardware failure, like the recommended hardware guidelines sort of ensure.

I think there’s a lot of thinking / community healing required here.

1 Like

Bingo! I also picked up on that.

If your hardware never fails and you don’t do a Graceful Exit, you won’t receive the held back amount either.

But you’ll receive 50% after 15 months. And that’s something many HDDs still survive. Mine did e.g.

Besides: The held amount is really small compared to monthly payouts. And STORJlabs is around long enough to know what they are doing (and not cheat SNOs)

1 Like