Monitoring race success rate

So I wanted to check my race win rate for my node and came across this script the community made: GitHub - ReneSmeekes/storj_success_rate

I am running Raspbian (Latest, headless, 64-bit) and using docker. When I try to run the command though, it says that the command is not found.
Here’s the command I used: sudo ./successrate.sh storagenode

I had thought to use the command for the log file but it seems like I don’t have a log file anywhere on my system even though I can access it with sudo docker logs --tail 20 storagenode.

Just a shot into the dark, but did you by any chance ssh’d the script from a windows machine to the raspberry?
If so try to delete the file and get it directly from the raspberry with wget.

You were right, I did bring it over from windows so I fixed it now. Though all I see is 0% for everything.

In the command, the name of your storagenode is correct?
It’s showing all 0 if the container name is not found.

it is correct.
Capture

There is something strange I encountered only once, but it was with raspbian as well, where windows “enter” is not the same as linux “enter”. Short version is that when linux interprets the command that is being sent from windows appends an invisible character (windows using carriage return + newline where linux only uses newline).
Basically for linux your command sent from windows would look like this: “sudo ./successrate.sh storagenode^M” (a container that does not exist and where the ^M is invisible to you)

It’s just a guess, but if you also encounter this here it could help to do a command like this:
./successrate.sh storagenode && x (not sure if sudo is needed for the script tbh, for me it works without)
This way, in case there really is this invisible character added it will be added to “x” and not to “storagenode”

I’m really curious if adding && x works, since it’s such a rare encounter.

It would match with the previous “command not found” error because of sending the file through ssh though. (for linux the script would have the name successrate.sh^M)

Same thing happens with && x. It also appends this to the end of the return: -bash: x: command not found

That’s normal, x is not a command and got only added so that the successrate script could run properly. But since this didn’t work there seems to be a different problem.
I’m not that familiar with the storagenodes yet since my node is running for just two weeks now. But I’m sure someone else will have an idea for a different approach to this.

redirect the logs

If you use sudo to run docker, then you need to run the script with sudo too.

That works, thank you!

1 Like