MSI Installer Problem

Trying the MSI Installer and got this error prompt

Wondering what I can do to get past this.

What you can try to do is extract the files out of the msi excute and install it outside of it.

no idea how to do that lol

You can open it with 7zip and extract it to another folder. There will be 2 files inside it the setup and the setup updater files

Tried both way and did on a fresh windows install with updates before installing

Get one issue one way and the other if I unzip it.

You extracted the files out of the excute and you see these files?

Nevermind this probably not the best way to do it. I was able to run my node with these files but You have to do it manually.

Im not sure what @Alexey was able to do maybe he can show you a better way to solve this issue.

You should extract the msi to the local folder using “Extract All” command from the context menu.
Then use the default path to install the storagenode. Using other disk rather than system seems doesn’t work for most cases, so please, use a default location for installation.

Ill give that a try! will report back

This was extracted to my desktop and only one files shows up.

Not able to run as administrator

It will ask administrator’s rights later. Just run it and do not change the location for installation.

That’s what I did first, currently looking at windows security and defender.

Is linux/docker the recommend way?

It’s not related to security…
Do you have a C:\Program Files\Storj folder?
If so, try to remove it and try to run an installer again.
If it would have an error, please take a look at the Windows events, maybe there would be more detailed error

Product: Storj V3 Storage Node – Error 1920. Service ‘Storj V3 Storage Node’ (storagenode) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

Product: Storj V3 Storage Node – Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action StoragenodeSetup, location: C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node, command: “C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe” setup --config-dir “C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\” --identity-dir “C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode\” --operator.email “tyson@goulding.in” --operator.wallet “[XXXXXXX]” --contact.external-address “[XX.XX.XX.XX]:28967” --storage.path “S:\” --storage.allocated-bandwidth “2000.0 TB” --storage.allocated-disk-space “16 TB” --log.output “winfile:///C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.log”

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
to the user VM-WINDOWS\admin SID (S-1-5-21-3444249385-2426801287-3587137732-1002) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

@Alexey installed on a machine I don’t want it on. Not sure why this one is having a problem.

I did get past that error prompt but then it hangups on the “starting services” part and times out.

On my test machine that its running. Says my node is offline.

But its show the port is open. Assuming its undergoing to process to become a node on the network. If so, how long does that take?

It go online almost instant, Did you setuped External Ip:Port during instalation?

Took about and hour. Look at this baby grow!

6hr online

1 Like

Sad part, still don’t know why the installer failed on a fresh windows 10 pro.

Looks like some thing with Admin priveleges, as i Checked it not ask for it, but it need it.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Windows installation help

A post was merged into an existing topic: Windows installation help