My node is offline when i messed with my router settings

Also try changing server.address: to the port your using.

where is the server address and how should I find it?

In the config file as earlier.

the keyword you gave me just has the domain name and port as 28967

yea are you using that port?

yes, I am using that port which is directed towards my pc by virtual server in both routers. Primary router has the IP address on the virtual port to the WAN IP address of second port and the Secondary router which is connected to my PC has my PC’s IP address using that port.

I think your routers could be conflicting your ability to open the ports.

what do you suggest doing?

Well I would try To connect the node to the primary router to confirm this. If it works then it would be the issue. Or you could put one of the routers into bridge mode so your not running two routers, and would just be running the second one as a switch.

Well. I don’t have the option of bridging the router cause its not in the option of router login page.

Okay, I’m gonna sign off its about to be morning here. If you have suggestions please leave a comment.
Bye.!!!

Ok Maybe someone else will give some ideas.

If you don’t have an access to the login page of your second router, you have a few options:

• Don’t use the second router;
  • Reset it to the factory defaults;
  • Use VPN with port forwarding option, such as PIA, ngrok, portmap.io, PureVPN, etc.

I am still confused, how do my node know which IP address am I using to connect to the server?
Even If I use static IP now, how does it connect to the server when it has lost its way(IP Address)?

Your node should know only the external address which you are specified with the port in the kademlia.external-address: parameter of the configuration file "%ProgramFiles%\Storj\Storage Node\config.yaml". If your config file is updated, then the address could be in the new parameter contact.external-address:.
In the parameter server.address: you can specify the local IP address for binding or do not specify at all, in this case it would bind to all your IP addresses on that server. In any case it should have at least a port, :28967.

So, you should do port forwarding from the ISP to your PC with storagenode. If you want to use a double NAT, then you will have 2 port forwarding rule: one on the first router from the ISP to the local IP address of the second router, and the second rule on the second router to the PC with storagenode. Make sure that both routers uses a different local networks. For example, 192.168.0.0 on the first one and the 192.168.1.0 on the second one. Or any other local ranges, the main point - they should not intersect.

Thank You Storj,
That Solved my problem, I put my pc IP address on the “server.address:” parameter., and did a command " Restart-Service storagenode" on the powershell and my nodes are back online.

A post was split to a new topic: My bandwidth Used this month chart’s data is reduced from 117 GB to 113.43 MB

I guess the problem was on the port forwarding.
Once,I set the virtual server on the forwarding tab on my router login page, the storage looked up on all the ports, but once I specify the IP address on config file and restarted the node it worked again.

Please, share you configuration for each router:

1. WAN IP
  2. Port forwarding rule
  3. DHCP section
  4. Result of these commands:
ipconfig | findstr /i "Gateway"
ipconfig | findstr /i "IPv4"

For privacy purpose you can answer in your ticket.