I want to setup a second node. Setup would be:
- MacOS M1 with docker desktop; finally seems to work stable.
- 1 TB CMR HDD ready to run, directly connected
- VPN server available, OpenVPN *.ovpn, too
- DDNS service and url available, verified with a VPN L2TP server running on the same NAS:
- NAS, where VPN server is located, acts as a new internet access point
- Port foreseen and enabled on the VPN server host’s router and enabled on the NAS, too: 5xxx tcp+udp > instead of the storj standard port 28967, 5xxx will be used. router configuration:
tcp+udp: 5xxx-5xxx > 5xxx-5xxx
- OpenVPN client to be run within a “slim” ubuntu instance in a docker container
- Storagenode#2 will be linked to the VPN-container’s network
Sounds a bit crazy, but except a used HDD, everything else is available without any extra cost.
Before setting up the OpenVPN client within the ubuntu docker container, I need to find out the right run command for ubuntu (incl. correct mount(s) + port to be opened). I’ve received the following run command from a friend, but he’s currently offline for a while and cannot help:
docker run -d -it \ -p 28967:28967 \ --mount type=bind,source="/Users/bivvo/vpn",destination="/mnt/vpn" \ --privileged --sysctl net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=0 \ --name=ubuntu ubuntu
… where source = folder, where the *.ovpn file is located and the port is, in this example, the storj standard port.
MY QUESTION #1:
→ shouldn’t be used the 5xxx:5xxx port here in the ubuntu run command instead of 28967:28967? (confused)
For the 2nd docker node, which should be linked to the vpn connection of the ubuntu container, the run command could look like this:
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 \ -p 5xxx:28967/tcp \ -p 5xxx:28967/udp \ -p 6xxx:14002 \ -e WALLET="" \ -e EMAIL="email@example.com" \ -e ADDRESS="ddns:5xxx" \ -e STORAGE="0.9TB" \ --log-opt max-size=100m \ --log-opt max-file=3 \ --network=container:ubuntu \ --privileged --sysctl net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=0 \ --mount type=bind,source="/mnt/disk/storj/identity/storagenode",destination=/app/identity \ --mount type=bind,source="/mnt/disk/storj",destination=/app/config \ --mount type=bind,source="/mnt/ssd/storj",destination=/app/dbs \ --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest \ --operator.wallet-features=zksync
… where the source values need to be modified for sure and DDNS will have the full DDNS address + the new port 5xxx. The dashboard needs to be accessible from “outside” via DDNS-URL:6xxx, as my monitoring script needs access to the JSON behind.
MY QUESTION #2:
→ as soon as question #1 is solved and the vpn / network is running fine: does that look correct for you or do I miss something?
If there is someone who is willing to help quickly via discord, e.g., please dm me.