port forwarding tool reports port as closed

Then please check everything from this check-list:

To check the identity you can use this manual: Step 5. Create an Identity - Storj Docs

I canā€™t check number 2 and 3, but everything else is fine apart from the port forwarding, which yousignal.com reports as closed. Should I try to change the domain name on my config file to my external IP adress?

I also restarted the service and the same fatal error shows up

2020-06-16T08:00:22.805+0400 FATAL Unrecoverable error {ā€œerrorā€: ā€œdebug: http: Server closedā€, ā€œerrorVerboseā€: ā€œdebug: http: Server closed\n\tstorj.io/private/debug.(*Server).Run.func2:108\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57ā€}

You should check the port forwarding rule. Please, post a screenshot of your port forwarding rule for this node.
Then run a cmd.exe and execute (replace your.ddns.org to your actual external DDNS address):

nslookup your.ddns.org 8.8.8.8

This command should return an IP of your DDNS address. Compare this IP with IP on yougetsignal and with WAN IP, they all should match.

The error:

can be safely ignore, the node will not stop after it.

itā€™s giving me what I think is my ipv6 address, which is not the same as the external IP reported my yousignal or my WAN IP, so I think that this is the problem here

Nope, thatā€™s your internal ipv4 address. You put it there, so it should be correct. :wink:

You havenā€™t posted the nslookup output yet.

my ns lookup gave me this:

Name: lasagnastorj1.freeddns.org
Addresses: fd8b:7c34:ebd6:0:85d0:142b::
94.207.96.***

I just realized that I could boot into Linux and use docker to see if the problem is resolved, since many solutions seem to be docker related ans such. would it be beneficial at all?

I know nothing about docker, so I leave that to the experts. However, I think you are just about there and docker may just introduce more variables at this stage.

We just need two more pieces of info: your WAN IP reported by your router and by yougetsignal.org.

yeah, like I said, my WAN IP and my reported IP are the same

Ok, so the service is running?
yougetsignal says the port is closed, I tried it myself.

I think a screenshot of your routerā€™s WAN page would be useful. Iā€™m wondering whether you have the same problem I had when I was setting up: CGNAT by your ISP. Meaning the routerā€™s WAN has a different IP than what is shown to the outside world.

Thatā€™s the only other thing I can think of right now and Iā€™m off to bed now.

Good night.

Please, compare that IP in the port forwarding rule with IP from this command:

ipconfig | findstr /i "IPv4"

And please post a screenshot of the Status page of your router.

oh ok, I found out that my internal ip adress has changed? or maybe it didnā€™t, but I entered the ā€œnewā€ one in my routerā€™s port forwarding page and restarted the service. checking the logs, I saw no problems but the fact that an hour ago my hostname was identified as ā€œno such hostā€. I checked the port forwarding page and both my external IP address and my hostname showed up as close. my DUC says that my DDNS is ā€œgoodā€ so I guess it must be another problem. the only thing I can think of is changing the hostname in the config to my external IP adress.

for some reason I could not find the WAN page anywhere, however, doing an ipconfig /all told me that both my and the routerā€™s adresses were what I thought them to be, so Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s the problem or not

ipconfig only shows you your LAN addresses, as your PC is not directly connected to the WAN. Your router translates the LAN addresses to its WAN address. This is called NAT.

If your PCā€™s ip has changed then it doesnā€™t have a fixed address. That would be the first thing to fix. You need to reserve its IP in the routerā€™s config. What make and model of router do you have?

I have a linksys E1200 and no idea how to use it

Would you be open to troubleshooting via teamviewer ?

to be honest, no, I know that it would probably be best, but I wanna try and not leak my IP adresses or anything

Please, try this article to find your WAN IP: https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=274480

I actually saw that one a while ago and itā€™s for a different kind of software, I think mine might be older, as the software is not the same, I used an online tool to ā€œtellā€ me my WAN IP, but Iā€™ll try to see it officially. Iā€™m going to use the Linksys forum to help me and Iā€™ll be back once I have it.