Online tools can only see your public IP and we want to know whether the WAN IP on your router is the same as that public IP. So we actually need the WAN IP from the router itself.

Your router has the same screen layout as mine (Linksys X3000). When you log on click Status on the far right and it will show the IP the router was given by your ISP. Check that it is the same as the one on yougetsignal.

If you have not yet fixed your PCā€™s ip, click Setup on the far left, click the DHCP Reservation button half way down the page. In the box that opens find the PC, click Select in its row, then Add Clients under that table, then Save Settings at the very bottom left. Your PCā€™s IP is now fixed to its current address.

wow, thanks so much for this.

Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m supposed to be looking for here, because none of them ressemble my IP address, which starts with 94.207

also, there are now some websites telling me that my IP adress is what it used to be, and another ones saying that itā€™s 5.31.0.*** (this happened after I saved the DHCP reservation)

is this good, or did I make some kind of mistake?

You are welcome. :slight_smile:

Let me draw you a diagram:

PC 192.168.1.x ---- 192.168.1.1 Router 192.168.70.x ā€” 192.168.70.(1?) ISP Router Public IP ā€” Net

Anything starting with 192.168.1 is a local LAN address, never visible on the Net.
192.168.70.x is the routerā€™s supposedly public address, obtained from your ISPā€™s router. And therein lies the problem: CGNAT. Your ISP hides your routerā€™s WAN IP from the net, so your port forwarding cannot work.

Your public IP has changed, because thatā€™s what public IPs do, unless you pay your ISP for a static address. You donā€™t need that.

What you do need is for your routerā€™s public IP to be visible. You have to contact your ISP and ask them to turn off CGNAT. Most likely the call centre monkeys you get to speak with will have no idea what you are talking about. In that case tell them you want to be able to access your security camera from outside. Worked for me here in Thailand.

Good luck! Almost there.

One more thing: if at all possible connect your PC to the router by cable.

It appears to me that Storj is sensitive to delays and wireless introduces delays. I think you will see a lot of aborted uploads otherwise. If Iā€™m wrong the old hand here will jump on me in the next 10 mins. :smiley:

If you do, remember to update the IP reservation, because the wired MAC address is different from the wireless one.

A post was split to a new topic: Ping satellite error: rpccompat: dial tcp: lookup us-central-1.tardigrade.io: no such host

i got it. I had it saved ā€œthe msi installerā€ in my hdd. But why is the node dashboard showing that I am offline? Should I restart my PC?

did you made port forwarding in router, and do you have fix ip or ddns?
did you configured to node you external ip(or ddns) and port?

I forgot to renew my noip account. Thatā€™s why it was showing offline. Anyway, thanks for the help!

This thread has a list of alternative ddns providers