New Node offline, then disqualified

Hi there,

I have set up a News Node on my raspi4. Some issues I came accross with:

1. Running the Setup and Run commands, I figured out, that docker can only run with sudo, and throws denied errors, when not.

2. After running with sudo command, the node has shown to be offline. So stopped it, restarted, still offline / AND:

3. node becomes disqualified: „Your node has been disqualified on 12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs . If you have any questions regarding this … etc.“

I am not sure how to solve those 3 points. Any ideas?

Thank you for your help.

Update: docker issue solved. Node running without sudo, but still offline + disqualified.

I need to create a new identity in order to solve the „disqualified“ issue - right?

Hello and welcome ! :slight_smile:

Even though your node might not be disqualified from all satellites, if the node is new with almost no data, it’s probably best to start over with a fresh and new identity indeed.

But it would be best to know why it got disqualified first.
So the first thing I’d recommend would be to find out why your node got disqualified by having a look at your logs, thanks to a command such as:

docker logs storagenode 2>&1 | grep "GET_AUDIT" | grep "failed"

(this command applies for a setup where logs are not redirected to a file)

And then report back.

Hi, thank you for your quick response.

Unfortunately I have already started on setting up a new identity - including the removal of the docker setup of storagenode. I guess that’s why there is no result of the log grep.

I’ll report once it is done. If the new node still will be offline and / or disqualified again immediately, I’ll post the result here.

And if it’s working, I’ll share it, too. :wink:

1 Like

Hi Pac,

the new node is up and running, but still “offline”.
Does it need time to synchronize?

Thx for your help.
Cheers

A node should switch from “offline” to “online” in seconds (a few minutes top).

If it’s still offline after a few minutes, it means something’s wrong. Have a look at your logs, but the most common issue in this case is that the sattelite might not be able to contact your node.

Could you share your docker command (remove personal info from it) so we can have a look at it? (put it within triple backticks so it’s readable), like this:

```
    Your command here
    ```

Check that the domain name you’re using (or IP address if it’s static) is reachable from the outside world. Also, did you setup port forwarding correctly on your internet box?

1 Like
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 \
    -p 28967:28967 \
    -p 14002:14002 \
    -e WALLET="xxx" \
    -e EMAIL="xxx" \
    -e ADDRESS="<ip>:28967" \
    -e STORAGE="2TB" \
    --mount type=bind,source="/home/pi/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode",destination=/app/identity \
    --mount type=bind,source="/mnt/mydisk5tb/storj",destination=/app/config \
    --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

is accessible from outside and ping forwarding is active.

nc: connect to <ip> port 28967 (tcp) failed: No route to host

… using the MyFritz! services IP (as a static IP, which is available externally).

Connection to <ip> 28967 port [tcp/*] succeeded!

… using the ip of the raspi4 (which might change, I guess, when reconnecting with DSL to the internet)

Not sure if that could help: I can use the MyFritz! url instead of the IP, but I am not sure, what the difference between “(tcp)” and “[tcp/*]” means:

raspi:~ $ nc -vz abcd.myfritz.net 28967
nc: connect to abcd.myfritz.net port 28967 (tcp) failed: Connection refused
Connection to abcd.myfritz.net 28967 port [tcp/*] succeeded!

Try following what’s suggested there:

Thx, it seems to be the IP.

Can you pls provide a hint how to change it to the URL without the risk to be disqualified again?

You just have to stop the node gracefully, remove the container, and restart it with your adjusted command.

To stop & remove the docker container gracefully:

docker stop -t 600 "YOUR_NODE_NAME"
docker rm "YOUR_NODE_NAME"

Then edit your start command and launch it again with your valid IP address.

This said: if your IP address is dynamically provided by your ISP and changes regularly, you should use a DDNS provider like no-ip or changeip, depending on what your Internet box is compatible with.

Also, you could consider using a service like UptimeRobot to get notified whenever your node gets offline.

wohoo, it’s “online”.
and it starts working… THANK YOU

1 Like