New payment method launched (zkSync)

Hi!
Yes - you can import it to the Metamask using your private key. But this will not persist over your devices or after reinstallation and cannot be recovered with Metamask’s phrase. So, you still need to keep your private key in safe.
However it is a one time procedure. You will need to repeat it only if you want to use it on other device or if you reinstalled Metamask.

Many thanks for the very accurate answer.
I was unaware of MetaMask’s import functionality that gives more options than the welcome screen.
Good to see a payment as it was accumulating since december :wink:

Kudos to Storj. A third payment method change is amazing to see. I wonder how you could give so much effort to implement a working micro payment solution in parallel of your actual product roadmap.
CounterParty died, Storj survived.
Etherum failed to deliver, Storj survived.
Feels like a tardigrade. Oh wait… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I have successfully received payments from 2 of my nodes via zkSync.

I think it would be fair to mention here and in
https://documentation.storj.io/dependencies/storage-node-operator-payout-information/zk-sync-opt-in-for-snos
that it is required to register public key once start using zkSync account and withdraw funds. This operation costs ~11000 gas on-chain. At the moment of writing it is 8.75 STORJ ~$5.80

1 Like

I have ~23STORJ in my zkSync wallet (~$15.69). When I try to withdraw, I get following popup:

1 Like

This is by design for L2 zksync. You need to pay gas to activate the wallet, as in the message.

Ok, but this wasn’t made clear anywhere earlier and I am bit surprised. I believe this this should be stated clearly to avoid misunderstandings both in documentation and here

2 Likes

I think it was made abundantly clear in all the discussions regarding L2 payments via zkSync.

2 Likes

@thev @CutieePie
11000 gas is one time registration of your address on zkSync. They promise to remove it soon.
If you want to do that now, you can pay it in STORJ tokens.

1 Like

hi,
i think that “you”/ the team will do the best for all! i trust you will do the best. just give the directions to follow … :slight_smile:
meanwhile …im not being paid! whaaattttt ? … am i doing something wrong? it says i have some earnings but … there are no payouts?
many thanks!

Did you opted-in for zkSync? If so, please, check your address on https://zkscan.io/
If you did not - then please, check your dashboard in the Payout information - is your balance zero?

hi alexey, …sorry for the time …
but…im back! …
no… i dont think i did that… but i have some issues!
!

Please create a separate thread with issue and we would try to help

1 Like