New payment method launched (zkSync)

Hi, the only thing we have to do is to add this line " operator.wallet-features: [“zksync”] " to our nodes config.yaml ?

Is there anything else we have to do to enable these payments to our wallets? If i logging to https://wallet.zksync.io/ and connect my wallet, it asks me to sign something, why and what is this signing ?

Don’t we have to enable L2 in our wallets somehow and if yes what is the procedure?

Beforehand you only need to make sure you use a wallet that can access the tokens on zkSync when the time comes. You don’t have to do anything to be able to receive the tokens. So yes, just changing the config.yaml is enough.

The site asks you to sign something to prove that you have access to the private key belonging to the wallet you’re trying to access. You can think of this as an alternative to username and password. Instead you sign a challenge which they can use to verify you hold the private key for the wallet.

3 Likes

Hi there,

I am running the Storj container on Unraid and have added the required line to the config.yaml in both the appdata and the share folders as I can’t tell which one is which. Do I need to change any config for the docker container at all?

Thanks

thanks man, your replies are really on spot and helpful !!

1 Like

do we have something to check if the zksync is correctly enabled?

Is myetherwallet.com working with this?

Not yet, but an indicator will be added to the dashboard in a future update.

I don’t see it mentioned directly, but since you hold the keys with MEW you could import them in metamask or any other wallet that’s listed on wallet.zksync.io.

2 Likes

Yes I’m able to connect the myetherwallet trough metmask for example. So that mean I can change to L2 payment?

1 Like

Yes, you can! Should work just fine

A friendly word from me as a long time community member:
I’d rather not have this project use Cardano…

1 Like

Hello @fromnack,
Welcome to the forum!

It is in the data location.

Is it possible to enable this using environment variables or must it be done in the config file?

Not environment variables, but as an option after the storjlabs/storagenode:latest in your docker run command:

1 Like

Is it possible to hold the STORJ tokens until ETH2.0 rolls out with low transaction fees and then receive payment?
I just don’t want to bother with introducing more complexity in the payment system (zksync wallet shit). We all want to avoid high transaction fees.
SNO-s are in for the long run.
Thanks

3 Likes

Here here, i am getting a little tired of wallets
I like the idea of using zkSync, but boy, why is there never a simple method of doing this. This is the bottle neck in crypto and will always be until connection is made into a 1 click setup. Why is everything in crypto have to be so time consuming.
I suppose i can simply stay with Ethereum rip off currency option.
Anyhow, i will try latter when i have an hour or 2 spare.

You of course can just wait to clear the threshold and receive a payout on L1.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: How to withdraw from L2 zkSync to L1?

A post was split to a new topic: I would like to know how our pending payments are saved?

A post was split to a new topic: И что дальше делать с этими zkSync сторжами?

Hi,
Is there any easy way to access my zkSync wallet only with a private key?
I used to access my STORJ wallet on MyEtherWallet by unlocking it with my private key, not mnemonic phrase.
I guess this is my oldest wallet, created before Metamask-like apps became mainstream…