Node dashboard won't load. Setup failure?

@Alexey

I’ve been trying forever to transfer my node from Windows to a different computer running linux.

I followed all the directions both in the guides and what @Alexey has told me to do in other posts but I don’t think the node is up and running because the node dashboard won’t load.

Here is a screenshot. I believe setup worked just fine and I’m not getting any error when I input the run command but never the less the dashboard will not load

Hi @ RandallStevens I am not an expert but if you try to open the dashboard from another pc as a docker command you must have

-p 0.0.0.1:14002:14002 \

1 Like

Please provide the last 20 lines from your logs (text please, not a screenshot).
To prettify the look, place logs lines here between two new lines with three backticks, like this

```
log lines here
```

@Roberto

I’m on the same PC as the node but thank you

@Alexey

2022-10-27T09:51:35.621Z	INFO	bandwidth	Performing bandwidth usage rollups	{"Process": "storagenode"}
2022-10-27T09:51:35.621Z	WARN	piecestore:monitor	Disk space is less than requested. Allocated space is	{"Process": "storagenode", "bytes": 219709210624}
2022-10-27T09:51:35.621Z	ERROR	piecestore:monitor	Total disk space is less than required minimum	{"Process": "storagenode", "bytes": 500000000000}
2022-10-27T09:51:35.621Z	ERROR	services	unexpected shutdown of a runner	{"Process": "storagenode", "name": "piecestore:monitor", "error": "piecestore monitor: disk space requirement not met", "errorVerbose": "piecestore monitor: disk space requirement not met\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/monitor.(*Service).Run:125\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func2.1:87\n\truntime/pprof.Do:40\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func2:86\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57"}
2022-10-27T09:51:35.621Z	ERROR	gracefulexit:blobscleaner	couldn't receive satellite's GE status	{"Process": "storagenode", "error": "context canceled"}
2022-10-27T09:51:35.621Z	ERROR	collector	error during collecting pieces: 	{"Process": "storagenode", "error": "pieceexpirationdb: context canceled", "errorVerbose": "pieceexpirationdb: context canceled\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*pieceExpirationDB).GetExpired:39\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*Store).GetExpired:532\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/collector.(*Service).Collect:88\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/collector.(*Service).Run.func1:57\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:99\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/collector.(*Service).Run:53\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func2.1:87\n\truntime/pprof.Do:40\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func2:86\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57"}
2022-10-27T09:51:35.622Z	ERROR	gracefulexit:chore	error retrieving satellites.	{"Process": "storagenode", "error": "satellitesdb: context canceled", "errorVerbose": "satellitesdb: context canceled\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*satellitesDB).ListGracefulExits:149\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/gracefulexit.(*Service).ListPendingExits:58\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/gracefulexit.(*Chore).AddMissing:58\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:99\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/gracefulexit.(*Chore).Run:51\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func2.1:87\n\truntime/pprof.Do:40\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func2:86\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57"}
2022-10-27T09:51:35.622Z	ERROR	piecestore:cache	error during init space usage db: 	{"Process": "storagenode", "error": "piece space used: context canceled", "errorVerbose": "piece space used: context canceled\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*pieceSpaceUsedDB).Init:73\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*CacheService).Run:81\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func2.1:87\n\truntime/pprof.Do:40\n\tstorj.io/storj/private/lifecycle.(*Group).Run.func2:86\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57"}
2022-10-27T09:51:35.622Z	ERROR	bandwidth	Could not rollup bandwidth usage	{"Process": "storagenode", "error": "sql: transaction has already been committed or rolled back"}
2022-10-27T09:51:35.622Z	ERROR	nodestats:cache	Get pricing-model/join date failed	{"Process": "storagenode", "error": "context canceled"}
Error: piecestore monitor: disk space requirement not met
2022-10-27 09:51:35,681 INFO stopped: storagenode (exit status 1)
2022-10-27 09:51:35,682 INFO stopped: processes-exit-eventlistener (terminated by SIGTERM)

Enter the result of the command:

dh --si
mount | grep mnt

To prettify the look, place results lines here between two new lines with three backticks

```
results
```

@peem

/dev/sdc1 on /mnt/STORJ type ext4 (rw,relatime)
nsfs on /run/snapd/ns/snap-store.mnt type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/snapd/ns/brave.mnt type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/snapd/ns/docker.mnt type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/snapd/ns/discord.mnt type nsfs (rw)

All it says when I run “dh --si” is…

dh: error: "debian/control" not found. Are you sure you are in the correct directory?

I tried running that command in several different directories including “/mnt/STORJ/storagenode”

Also I noticed that I do get the little STORJ icon on the browser tab when trying to load the dashboard. It even says node dashboard. But the screen is blank. I don’t know if that helps at all. Here is a screen shot of that:

• Sorry, my mistake :frowning: (not dh only df)

Enter the result of the command:

df /dev/sdc --si

Do you want to relocate or launch a new node?

@peem @Alexey

I completed every step in this guide (including static mount, port forwarding, and rysnc of orders, identity, and data) and things went smoothly except the dashboard won’t load.

I’m starting to worry I will lose my node as it has been down for a few days per the instructions in the guide to shut the node down on the Windows PC.

here is the screen shot you requested:

Screenshot from 2022-10-28 21-08-05

In your log you have:
“Disk space is less than requested. Allocated space is …”
Why?
Show:

df /dev/sdc1 --si

@peem

Screenshot from 2022-10-29 01-07-02

@peem

I tried another browser and it also recognized the IP address as the node dashboard but again gave me a blank screen. Is there anyway to externally see if my node is up and running at the issue is just with the dashboard?

Your node is in a restart loop and in the browser you will not open the dashboard…
What it shows:

history | grep SETUP

@peem

35  sudo docker run --rm -e SETUP="true"     --user $(id -u):$(id -g)     --mount type=bind,source="<mnt/STORJ/storagenode/identity/storjidentity>",destination=/app/identity     --mount type=bind,source="<mnt/STORJ/storagenode/data>",destination=/app/config     --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest
   36  sudo docker run --rm -e SETUP="true"     --user $(id -u):$(id -g)     --mount type=bind,source="mnt/STORJ/storagenode/identity/storjidentity",destination=/app/identity     --mount type=bind,source="mnt/STORJ/storagenode/data",destination=/app/config     --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest
   37  sudo docker run --rm -e SETUP="true"     --user $(id -u):$(id -g)     --mount type=bind,source="/mnt/STORJ/storagenode/identity/storjidentity",destination=/app/identity     --mount type=bind,source="/mnt/STORJ/storagenode/data",destination=/app/config     --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest
   56  history | grep SETUP

With this command (37) you have created the configurations for the new node… and now the old node does not start…

@peem
all of those lines look the same to me.

Can you walk me through the fix?

Do you still have SN data on the source Windows?

@peem

I can boot it up. I don’t think it will start automatically that looked like that was one of the commands in the guide.

What info do you need> Just please tell me what I need to do to save this thing.

Have you taken this step on source Windows?

“Stop-Service storagenode
Set-Service storagenode -StartupType Disabled”