Node is full after 2 weeks

He explained it, he had the money so he added a big chunk of storage at once but you can also only add a few TB at a time to minimize unused space.
Some people combine all of their drives in one raid array but you can also spin up one node per HDD so you could add one 500GB drive at a time and it would fill up pretty quickly.
But yes, for some people it makes sense to run a node and for others it doesn’t.
It depends on a lot of factors and obviously you’ll be disappointed if you’re looking for a get rich quick scheme.

Hello, @TheMightyGreek @hashpuppy ,
I also started a node succesfully yesterday and it have only used 3.6GB from 3.6TB after 14 hours, is this normal? Also it have used 3.8GB from my bandwidth, but it doesn’t slow done my home network at all i am still at 100mbps/10mbps as before. @hashpuppy said took 2 weeks for 500GB (which is arround 35GB per day) but if it will keep filling up like it will need arround 620 days to fill my entire disk (arround 7GB per day).

You’re following up on a very old message from when there were much fewer nodes and a lot more incoming test data. Traffic on the network fluctuates. Yes, what you’re seeing is normal at the moment. Just make sure to remain online and hope that ingress will get a little better for all of us.

2 Likes

Where can we find this information on the dashboard please (the number of audits) ?

It is not available on the dashboard and has been removed from the API.
The only way at the moment is to use this Calculator: Earnings calculator (Update 2021-04-15: v10.1.2 - Detailed payout information: Now includes comparison to actual payout, postponed payouts due to threshold and transaction links!)

1 Like