Node not starting after docker update

I just updated docker and now the node wont start, I get this error in cmd

docker exec -it storagenode /app/dashboard.sh
Error response from daemon: Container 39b0e821f9db51f28d59262028892464981eedfdd8e41a8a435fd5dbe9255e33 is not running

I tried to install the gui but it will give some error and the install will not finish so Im stuck with docker :frowning:

That command is not to start the node, but to open the dashboard while it is running.

docker start storagenode

should work

C:\Users\alex>docker start storagenode
Error response from daemon: invalid mount config for type “bind”: bind source path does not exist: /host_mnt/e/identity/storagenode
Error: failed to start containers: storagenode

hmm it does not want to start and I have not changed any settings

Not sure how docker for windows works, but check that the drive is mounted and using the same drive letter

Run powershell as admin
New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "Storj v3" -Direction Inbound –Protocol TCP –LocalPort 28967 -Action allow

Try this.

tried that with power shell and did nothing new

C:\Users\alex>docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 28967:28967 -e WALLET=“0xDCE74C111f64cD8Cf7aB9480d37E3128B58b8d97” -e EMAIL="alex@upload-drive.com" -e ADDRESS=“updrv.go.ro:28967” -e BANDWIDTH=“2000TB” -e STORAGE=“9TB” --mount type=bind,source=E:\identity\storagenode,destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source=E:,destination=/app/config --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:alpha
docker: Error response from daemon: invalid mount config for type “bind”: bind source path does not exist: /host_mnt/e/identity/storagenode.
See ‘docker run --help’.

the drive letter is the same , nothing changed…

What does this command show?

docker ps -a

C:\Users\alex>docker ps -a
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
39b0e821f9db storjlabs/storagenode:alpha “/entrypoint” 12 days ago Exited (255) 47 minutes ago 0.0.0.0:28967->28967/tcp storagenode
68adfa0fa499 storjlabs/watchtower:latest “/watchtower storage…” 3 months ago Up 26 minutes watchtower

C:\Users\alex>

any ideea whats wrong ?

Stop and remove the container

docker stop -t 300 storagenode
docker rm storagenode

Open a Docker desktop settings and clear selection of shared drives, click the Apply. Select all mentioned in the docker run command drives (I guess C: and E:) and click the Apply again.
Then run the container with all your parameters.

what do you mean by “clear selection of shared drives” I cant find anything related in docker settings

ok I did that but when running this I still get error

C:\Users\alex>docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 28967:28967 -e WALLET=“0xDCE74C111f64cD8Cf7aB9480d37E3128B58b8d97” -e EMAIL="alex@upload-drive.com" -e ADDRESS=“updrv.go.ro:28967” -e BANDWIDTH=“2000TB” -e STORAGE=“10TB” --mount type=bind,source=E:\identity\storagenode,destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source=E:,destination=/app/config --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:alpha
docker: Error response from daemon: invalid mount config for type “bind”: bind source path does not exist: /host_mnt/e/identity/storagenode.
See ‘docker run --help’.

C:\Users\alex>

Any reason to not switch to the native GUI? I’ve heard docker on windows is not very reliable.

everything was ok since I started the node about 5 months ago untill now after this docker update :frowning:

gui will not finish the install, it will crash with some error

Now the next trick - please, restart the docker from the docker desktop icon in the system tray.
If it doesn’t help - then use the reset to the defaults from there.

ok so I removed the shared drives, saved changes then restarted docker and after running the long command the docker asked if I wanted to share drive E and I said yes and still got the error