Node suspended - no email?

Ah yes, that rings a bell @Alexey.

@moby Considering I fixed my DNS issue 4 days ago, my nodes could finally check-in to the satellite that could not be reached (Saltlake). That would mean the e-mails it sent only then got delayed by 3-4 days “only” before getting sent then.

But still, satellites should obviously not rely on Nodes’ “check-ins” for triggering anything as this fails at alerting SNOs when they are offline, which is probably the most common issue.

It feels to me like it should have been prioritized a bit higher as many SNOs probably lost their Nodes (or part of them) in an unfair way in the past 1.5 years or so, in the meantime :cry:

But! I’m glad this is being worked on :+1:
@moby Thanks for all the details.

1 Like

And maybe in the future, you also send emails with the storagenode tokens. I don’t know if they worked in the past, but in the last 2 years, I started 9 nodes, and never received the tokens in email.

They worked before, but it was unreliable delivery - most of spam filters do not like tokens :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wanted to follow up that the new node emails system is enabled in production now

Please reply on the post I linked if you notice any issues. Or create a new post. Whatever works :slight_smile:

4 Likes

UpTimeRobot monitoring seems to be doing a good job so far, but email notifs is a plus, no question.
Excellent work.

1 Like

maybe using a 3rd party email delivery service is better?

That’s the plan, see the thread above.
And you may participate in

However, you have several alternatives, for example:

1 Like