Noob here! My node shows offline all the time. I have tried opening the port using static and dynamic

Noob here! My node shows offline all the time. I have tried opening the port using static and dynamic. No luck. I am a noob and apologies if this is basic thing I should know to fix. I have been trying to fix this by searching the internet but no luck. Appreciate if you could please help.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum @techpithan !

What are you using for your node docker or GUI ? Windows or Linux.
What do you mean by static and dynamic opening of the port ?

Sorry, new to all of these and once again apologies . I am using GUI - Windows. The guide asked me to do the port forwarding. I did try forwarding the port from my router and nothing happened and they also mentioned that if it is not a static IP, then I might have to use NOIP and do the forwarding. I also tried that but no luck.

Thanks a lot for helping.

Don’t be so hard on yourself. We all were noobs at once. I am still a noob in so many things :slight_smile:

You can use your NOIP hostname in your contact.external-address line in your config.yaml file inside C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node

Then use Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router to check if your port forwarding works.

Thanks a lot,
There is not contact.external-address in the file, should I add that line myself?

I am getting port closed for every port I tried. :frowning: I am definitely doing something wrong lol but I can’t figure out what it is.

Show last 20 lines of the log

Check under GUI

Sorry, it is not allowing me to copy and paste… this is

the screenshot.

Show your config.yaml file. Place the text between 3 backticks ```

It will look like this config.yaml

You are incorrectly using your LAN IP instead of DDNS from NO-IP

Thanks a lot, I found the contact in the config. I have replaced it with the DDNS from NO-IP. Here is the screenshot, I refreshed the dashboard and it still shows as offline.

It should be techpithanstorage.ddns.net:28967

Check step 8 from documentation

Thanks, I reinstalled it and provided that information. The config file shows the information, however, the dashboard still shows offline. Not sure if my ISP is blocking anything :frowning:

Show the last 10 lines of the log.

Thanks a lot.

Does this name resolution match the external IP address listed on Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router ?

Yes, it does. Same IP. However, it still states that it is not open. :frowning:

Then we should check the router setup.

Show result of this command from powershell

Get-Service storagenode*

Status Name DisplayName

Running storagenode Storj V3 Storage Node
Running storagenode-upd… Storj V3 Storage Node Updater

Follow what @Stob says :slight_smile: