Numio <> Storj Partnership

Hello everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself and our team at Numio to the Storj community; inform you about what we are building (how you can use it); and most importantly how we are utilizing the Storj DCS!

A little bit about Numio:

Numio gives you more control over your digital assets and your identity. Founded in 2020 with a vision to make crypto simple, Numio allows you to send crypto instantly, save up to 100x on Ethereum fees and verify your digital identity in a safe and secure way. Available on Android and iOS, Numio was the first zkRollup powered mobile payments app to be released on Google Play.

All Numio products are non-custodial, so only the account holder has access to their money.

We are big fans of Storj DCS, and how developers can leverage it to grow their products in a secure manner.

The decentralized cloud is awesome!

We are beginning to store all profile and token images onto the Storj DCS, for the 13,000+ downloads we have received. We are excited to use this tech to allow for our product to grow to bring the next million people into crypto & DeFi!

As a Layer-2 focused mobile application, our goal is to give people within the Storj community, and for those of you running SNOs, we want to help provide you the best possible experience on Ethereum’s L2! If you haven’t figured it out already, we are big believers in zk tech as well- and are building around the zkSync ecosystem.

If you haven’t downloaded our app yet, feel free to give it a shot, and begin receiving your payouts through the app! Please let us know how we can improve the product, and what you want to improve/change. We’re building this for people like me and YOU! Your feedback is incredibly valuable.

We’ll be creating some educational content about Storj to help inform people about some of the cool tech that is being built within your ecosystem. For example, we pushed out some content yesterday talking about Storj specifically on TikTok & Twitter. Stay tuned for some future videos, and some written content that we will also be pushing out!

We have a direct line of communication with the Storj Labs team, and will be sharing some of your bigger announcements with our community moving forward.

Excited to grow alongside you all.

17 Likes

Your last update on Twitter was in July. Is there anything new to share?

1 Like

I think there was a little bit more information: Search results for 'numio' - Storj Community Forum (official)

But let @ansteadm add an info!

2 Likes

Sure, we have some content on the backburner atm where one of our team members is making a Storj node on a Raspberry Pi.

Other than that, I’ve been making some content on TikTok, and in general, all of the users on our app are now have various profile information stored on the Storj DCS. So using Numio helps to benefit the Storj ecosystem :smiley:

Currently gearing up for in-app trading, which will be on L1 initially, and L2 shortly after. Also have some slick DeFi screens/functionality coming into the app :smirk:

After that, we’ll be building support for NFTs, and adding in some additional L2s into the app. Lots of exciting stuff going on!

4 Likes

What sort of timeframe do you envisage to be able to do L2 trading?
Since most smaller SNO’s are forced to use zksync to get a payment currently.

We are expecting for L2 trades to happen within the next month. L1 trades will be live within the week.

For STORJ to be an asset supported for the swapping functionality on zkSync, it will require a market maker providing liquidity to allow users to trade/swap. We’ve been discussing this with the Storj team about how this can occur.

2 Likes

@ansteadm Have to say my experience of the app so far is not a pleasant one.
I have auto update of the app enabled yet I’m constantly being told to update again.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to resolve that - and went through the recover process. Only to be told to update again. It’s really a complete PITA. The MEW wallet, also on my system behaves perfectly by comparison. Your wallet, in short, sucks so far.

Hey @penfold, we are aware of this issue, and we are pushing out a fix for it.

Apologies for any issues it may have caused, we’ll get it sorted out ASAP (pushing out the update right now).

If you ever have any issues with the app, please ping us at support@numio.one, and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you @ansteadm. I’ve applied the update. The other issue I have is the number of times I need to enter my PIN. I not only need to enter the PIN to open the app but also to close it - which makes no logical sense to me whatsoever.

Hello @ansteadm,
while we have your attention, could you please tell - is it possible to swap STORJ on L2 in Numio to other tokens? Or maybe there is an DEX integrated?

I am asked about this quite often. But to my shame I am not using your wallet app.

1 Like

Strangely enough I was looking to try to do this also today…

Could you possibly share a photo/video of this occurring, including your model/device, version number of the app, operating system (iOS/Android), and your Numio-ID?

That shouldn’t be occurring. We’ll be glad to look into it, and get it resolved for you.

Thanks. I’ll try to get to it but it won’t be straight away. I’ve been working up to 14 hour days at the moment for the last 16 days straight and will also work through this weekend. So, it might be a while.

Hey! Sure.

We have been waiting for Paraswap to deploy liquidity onto ParaswapPools on zkSync for a few months, and it’s still been delayed.

ZigZag recently launched their DEX, so we are in the process of onboarding a new engineer to get that going in parallel so swaps will be able to go live. Swapping STORJ, and other assets on zkSync, will come down to whether liquidity is provided by those market makers. Currently, that is not the case. Once liquidity is provided, STORJ will be tradable.

4 Likes

That’s ok, no worries. I appreciate your insight in any case, and I will share your feedback with the product team to look into it until then.

Hey all!

Just wanted to stop in and share a little update from our end. This was our dev update from November, but there was one thing missing from that piece of documentation… We’ve been working behind the scenes on an integration with ZigZag which will bring L2 swaps directly inside of the mobile app!

As you’re probably wondering, “when can we trade STORJ on zkSync??” This will be possible very soon. We have integrated ZigZag, who is launching the ability for the deployment of permissionless pools on zkSync, meaning that a pool for STORJ will be able to get created, and you will be able to seamlessly trade STORJ directly inside of the Numio app!

Some other side notes… NFT support coming, a DeFi dashboard, among other things.

Oh, our team might also have some cool stuff we’re doing for the Storj community in 2022. Be on the lookout :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Hey all, just posting a lil update.

We are sponsoring Storj for our Payday campaign, rewarding 5 people in STORJ tokens on a weekly basis ($50 each, $250 total), and up to $500 at the EoM for one lucky winner :slight_smile:.

In order to participate, you have to download the Numio app, get verified, and opt-in to promotions.

The cool thing about this verification process in the app is that it’s completely optional- you don’t ever need to complete it to get the full experience of the app.

Some other interesting tidbits…it’s a different verification process than you’ve done before. We don’t see, or store, any of your personal data. We use AI/ML to verify everyone, and those documents are never touched by our team. Frankly, we don’t want them; we care about your privacy! The only thing that we store is a hash of data in our server saying that you’ve been verified, nothing else!

We also pushed out Storj as the featured token of the week.

In the meantime, stay tuned for a v2.6 release :slight_smile:!

Also, keep an eye out for L2 swaps on zkSync to go live inside Numio :money_mouth_face:.

If you have any thoughts, questions, or feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at support@numio.one. We would love to hear from you! Our goal is to help provide the best experience for SNOs on Storj.

8 Likes

Can I import my existing wallet using Metamask phrase?

1 Like

And also I have tried to verify - it was succeed, however, the “Verify Now” is still here.
I tried twice

Yes, you can import Metamask.
But seems impossible to create another account from the same phrase - it shows only the first one.
Or may be I didn’t find a way @ansteadm

1 Like