Odroid HC2 Storage Node Setup Tutorial

Hey guys, I created a complete setup video for the HC2 (or HC1) hope someone finds this useful. https://youtu.be/kD3l92cjo0Y

10 Likes

Would you be able to do an updated video please?

Yer sure…I had thought about doing an updated one but wasn’t sure anyone was interested. Give me a few days to order the stuff and I’ll setup another node.

3 Likes

I appreciate it! I’m getting stuck right at the area where you are supposed to download the zipped file. I can do a ls and see it did download, but when I go to unzip it, it says:

Archive: /root/identity_linux_arm.zip
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /root/identity_linux_arm.zip or
/root/identity_linux_arm.zip.zip, and cannot find /root/identity_linux_arm.zip.ZIP, period.

I just wanted to follow up and see how you were coming along?

Sorry @litestr been super busy at home! It’s gonna take me a couple of weeks to get this sorted.

Was kinda hoping the native Linux package would be released soon so I could use that to set my next node up.

I’ll come back to you as soon as I can. I may just provide a webpage with screenshots and the commands to copy and paste as that will take less time and I’ve already got that prepared for personal use.

1 Like

Works for me. I look forward to the day when you complete this and I can start contributing some storage. :slight_smile:

thank you for guide … but when I was following steps, on the end, i had just blank dashboard…can’t find problem…
i got windows and ubuntu desktop storagenodes, but really struggling with this odroid, any ideas ?

How is your port mapping in the docker run command looks like?

and yes dashoboard in commmand line saying that container is restarting…

Did an Odroid build a few months ago, so in terms of @will.topping’s video, i think its still valid. Only difference I see between your run command and mine is:

I don’t have the BANDWIDTH line, and I have latest instead of arm at the end of this line:

name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

My run command looks like this:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 \
    -p 28967:28967 \
    -p 14002:14002 \
    -e WALLET="XXXXX" \
    -e EMAIL="XXXXX" \
    -e ADDRESS="XXXX:28967" \
    -e STORAGE="7.11TB" \
    --mount type=bind,source="/root/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode",destination=/app/identity \
    --mount type=bind,source="/root/storj",destination=/app/config \
    --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest