Offline/Online question for Storage Node Operators located in Ukraine

My battle for uptime

I live in Irpen in an apartment building. My nodes miraculously survived the occupation and de-occupation of Russia, but were already dying due to uptime disqualification.
Thanks to the incredible support and understanding of the company, they were resurrected and for half a year they confidently grew to the previous volume.

RuZZia knows how to fight only with power plants and children.
We’ve had a power outage

And I started a long battle for uptime storj + leveling discomfort for my family

First of all, I agreed with the provider and he installed DC-DC UPS on his equipment. Internet is 12 hours without electricity
Then I discovered that there was not enough capacity of my old 7AH battery … I replaced it with a 60AH car Bosch …
And a new problem was discovered - DC-DC does not have time to charge the battery
From above, I installed a 5A car automatic charger and turn it on through a relay with a delay

Then I removed everything unnecessary from the backup server (on which the storj).
When external power is lost, he began to kill unnecessary virtual machines and switch the processor to economy - he achieved a consumption of 150W

Since AC-AC UPS does not know anything about car batteries, it charges them FAST to 13.8V (when it has time), then slowly tops up the rest with microcurrents for about a day.
I added more batteries and MANUALLY recharge in pairs with an auto charger (I hope a 24V charger will arrive soon, which will automatically charge them up to 14.7V on top of the battery assembly TOGETHER with the UPS)

I don’t/have electricity for 4-4 hours, sometimes 8-4, sometimes for days when emergency work is going on.

This allowed us to stabilize the uptime at the level of 80%
In case of a power outage for 24 hours+, I have already brought a generator from Germany and agreed with the provider that I will charge the batteries myself and change them on their equipment in the house. The provider gave me a new battery 17AH.
I also have to make an airtight system for the exhaust and cooling of the generator gases and bring them out of the balcony.
I plan to turn it on twice a day for 2 hours to charge the batteries of the gas heater, refrigerator, batteries for lighting, storage batteries and storage operation.

BUT THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM
My parents have two 21TB nodes on a backup server, there is a UPS, batteries … but there is no way to make the Internet work when there is no electricity
The last week they have no light 3-3
Their uptime falls to 45-49%

Я прочитал эту статью

I didn’t understand. Once there is a suspension at less than 60%, what are the disqualification conditions?
If the nodes will appear 40-50% in the network?
If the nodes stay offline for 3-5 days (after another missile attack)?
Can the company help operators from Ukraine by temporarily changing the disqualification criteria in reality, when nodes will periodically appear online?
It is not the earnings that matter (which will not be through regular offline anyway), but not to lose the nodes

Thanks

6 Likes