Offline trouble

Hi baker I opened the text and attach

Hi Vadim, I closed the firewall like this for trouble shoot just right now and restart, but it still offline but it’s doesn’t matter. We can try more, thank you vadim!

You should re-enable your router’s firewall right away. Disabling it is a huge security risk, and exposes your network to the internet. It is unlikely that the problem is with your router firewall.

Based on your logs, all I can tell is that the node cannot be reached.

what I supposed to do :(((((( Where should I check, anyway, thank you very much for helping me on this

Can you go to https://www.whatsmyip.org/ and see if it matches what you see for your router’s WAN IP?

Please, also check your identity: https://documentation.storj.io/dependencies/identity#confirm-the-identity

Hi Alexey
It shows 2 and 3 like this

1 Like

Hi it is not match, how can I set it as same? after I set PPPOE in my router, it was changed

When these don’t match, it typically means that you are behind what is called Carrier Grade NAT or CGNAT. This is imposed by your ISP and means you would not be able to expose any services to the internet. You can think of it as your home internet being behind another router that is operated by the ISP for which you cannot open ports. I am not sure if there is another way to verify this, but maybe someone else in the community can help confirm.

If this is the case, you would have to contact your ISP to see if they can give you a public IP address (it does not have to be static, it can be dynamic). Some people have had success by telling the ISP that you need to to use an IP security camera (which would also require a public IP). If they cannot provide you a public IP, then the last option available would be to run the storagenode through a VPN that provides a port forwarding service. But since you typically have to pay for these services, it may make running a storagenode unprofitable.

2 Likes

Did I solve the problem?? they are same currently, but it’s still offline I attach the log at the bottom of the picture.

Please, put your port 28967 instead of 80 on yougetsignal and click Check

Please give me result of the command (PowerShell):

sls "server.address" "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\config.yaml";
sls "contact.external-address:" "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\config.yaml";

Hi Alexey
I am not sure if I can change the port instead of 80. This is the external modern function pitcture. should I set it up?? but do you know how to set this up or where?? I put192.168.50.1(my lan ip) it shows like this

thank you very much

I an litlebit confused, do you have router behind other router, or dlink is Modem?

Looks like 2 routers one from ISP and the other is a added router this could cause issues if not configured correctly for sure. Both using PPOE to sign into the isp im guessing trying to get 2 public IP addresses.

yes one is from isp one is mine. I am really confused now. I can’t set the isp one well. where should I set up. or it is hard to run a node under this kind of conditional. but I remember almost isp give a router in house. Not only Taiwan, but also Canada like Bell. so which one should I set up the port forwarding? and if it is the isp one and can’t set a port forwarding, is it mean I should change to set up in a dedicated server on internet is better?? Thank you very much

So If your trying to use both to sign into the ISP and it doesnt allow it to it will cause more issues.
I would disable PPOE on the second router and just add that router to DMZ so it has full access to the ports, then use the asus router to forward the port to the node connected to it.

1 Like

if you can setup own router to ppoe conection, i think you can just remove isp router at all?
or it conver DSL or fiber to lan?

I think possibly the ISP modem has the cable connection or dsl jack asus doesnt have this.

So not possible to bypass this.

Then yes, just make DMZ to your router, this will automaticly open firewal and make all port NAT to your router. Setup DDNS on isp router,

Then you can make port forwarding to node in your node (i think this is already done)

1 Like