Offline trouble

I havent seen this kind of router for long time, in my contry here is mostly fiber connections and Lan used, some old buildings use coacsial routers.

1 Like

Yea I havent either im on dedicated fiber, I just did a quick google search on the Dlink

1 Like

yes you are right, ha I thought you are Taiwanese. So what should I do now? When I set a DMZ on the isp router. it require a ip address. in my case, should I set 192.168.50.1 which was gotten from findstr /i “Gateway” in cmd function. and set the port forwarding in the asus router?

ahhhhhh I wish our is like that one

No you need to set the DMZ the Asus routers IP In the Dlink.

Now is like this. Does the DNS and DMZ set up correctly?? I run the isp one as a PPPOE and run the asus one as automatic ip. but the port still closed. again thank you guys!

It looks ok but I wouldnt use that as the perfered DNS id change it to something like 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1
Then the next step would be to check to make sure the config on the asus router is correct, Is your node plugged into the asus router or the dlink router? Also you wont be able to use DDNS with this because its going to set the IP as your wan IP for the router and that isnt a public IP.

Also can you show your WAN setting for the Asus router we can probably get it to show the public address instead of the local IP address.

This is the WAN SETTING for Asus router. I plugged the node into the asus router. You mean I should put the wan ip address of the asus router in the dns of the d-link router? Or the perfered DNS is 8.8.8.8 and the alternate dns is 1.1.1.1? and you mentioned DDNS. Is it in the Asus router?? Thank you!

Yes I would change it in the Dlink router and the asus router will pick up the dns. Also I can’t remember if you just disable WAN it will pull the public Ip or not so, for now well just try to figure out how to get your node online.

Yes!!um… what info you would like to get I can provide any screenshot

And the Asus WAN set is automatic now and show like this

Ok lets try to get the node online for now goto your port forwarding on the asus and make sure it forwarding to the correct local IP

This is the config for the port forwarding

the 192.168.50.1 is the default gateway not the local IP, What is the local IP address on there? ipconfig should show it.

is it 192.168.50.184??

umm I see your using wireless and a lan. The 192.168.50.184 would be the correct one, But you wont be able to do this correctly with the wireless connected to the other router.

image I closed the wireless, but still offline. but the port is opened

You probably will need to restart the node so it can use the correct connection, It should go online if the port is open now.

Online!!!online!!! Thank you guys thank you deathlessdd

1 Like

Awesome, Glad I could help.

3 Likes