Payout decreasing every month?

Just enjoy the sunshine and ride the waves…
:sunglasses::bison::ocean::man_surfing:

1 Like

Binance suddenly offers 41.21% APR on STORJ tokens… Earn Storj Rewards | STORJ Staking | Binance

I think these rates are dynamic these days though, so this might be really temporary.

Aaand, they have blocked redemption of tokens in simple earn… so I can’t sell what I had there … Classy, Binance… :rage:

just to clarify it wasnt me who reopend this, but not wanted to make a new thread…

i guess ur right

i never said they are doing but it would be suspicious if the price goes down after payment… btw i think if they want to manipulate it would be hard to check all transactions to find some transfers to an exchange… before someone gets this wrong i say again I DO NOT accuse storj of price manipulation… a bit sad that the payout gets lower and lower but still better than nothing

again a good point

true, i was hodling about all storj i got the last 1+ year, sold 600 yesterday and got about 1k left

what a bad joke of Binance

Yeah, I meant starting up discussions around payout timing when there are market peaks. The forum is full of them, but it has been quiet for a while since there haven’t been many lately. It wasn’t necessarily about reopening the thread, but about starting up that topic again.

That was a bit of a knee jerk reaction. See above. :wink:

I managed to redeem some now and sell, but they made me miss the peak. Really annoying. But yeah, exchanges are kind of known for doing scummy things like that. And there is nothing you can do about it as their terms state that they can do this when there is “High market volatility or high amounts of redemptions”. I’m sure there was, but it does really suck.

1 Like

One could make a link with the huge token transfer from Storj Inc to Binance, a few months back… I don’t want to point fingers and don’t try to imply anything, my trust level regarding Storj is still on the positive side; but… who could profit the most from an upstick like this? The man with the biggest coin bag. Who has the biggest storj bag?.. Storj inc. Again… I’m not pointing fingers, just stating facts.
And ofcourse, Binance never had a saint aura shining over it’s head, they always try to profit from whoever falls into their scams.

Storj does not have extremely high volumes. Total volumes about 800k 24h. With 500k you can move the price easy to +50%.
Generic example:
Case1: token price 1 usd. No pumping price. Distribute 10.000.000 USD = 10.000.000 token
Case2: token price 1 usd. Before distribution pump price to 1.5 buying 0.5mil USD of tokens. Distribute 10.000.000 USD = 6.666.000 token.

Case 2 would be the best choice.

Waiting the moves for next month distribution

I am on zksync era but it isnt there yet so i got paid on zksync lite…how long is the delay between payout and me seeing it? I don’t know.

In this case I won but this is why it should be manual withdraw

We may have been overpaid a little. I waited until the payout info was reported back to my biggest node. Now I see this.

There is always a small difference, but this is outside of that margin of error. Looking at the data more carefully, it seems we are still paid $10 for repair egress, instead of the $5 and $2.50 it should be. @jtolio is it possible payouts are still using the old $10 value for repair for some reason? These difference match almost exactly with that scenario.

1 Like

Okay, well, this is a weird thread to discuss this in (as discussed, lol), but you’re right @BrightSilence - it appears we had a configuration rollback unexpectedly.

It appears that we spent an extra $4378.71 due to this configuration rollback for the month of June. It was a small enough amount that nothing seemed awry, but your diagnosis is spot on. I’ll go update the payout announcement thread about this. Extra payouts for SNOs! This class of rollback shouldn’t happen again going forward.

6 Likes

Since I was first to notice this ah you can fill in the rest of the joke yourselves

oh I’m sorry, thank you also @andrew2.hart. I poorly skimmed the rest of the thread.

Sheesh! BriSi the bug bounty is pretty poor on this program :wink:

2 Likes

i don’t know what you’re talking about. We get to be paid less now that we notified them about it. What more could we possibly want? :laughing:

2 Likes

You always take storj’s side with the same passion as you criticise binance. You come out as an undercover storjling.
I even agree with what you write many times because the accusations are sometimes way out. But you should really play it down if you want to keep the “just another node operator” status.

As far as I remember, I never got paid before the 8th. Take a look at the following picture and explain to me why last month I got paid on the 5th:

BTW, I was able to redeem my STORJ from flexible earn in binance during the peak. I’m not saying the opposite didn’t happen to you. I was just lucky.

For example I was happy that I was paid on 5th because i got money almost before this rise, and got additional 100$ bonus.

3 Likes

Another one…
At what precise time did you get paid on the 5th before the rise?

1 Like

I don’t need to do anything. That’s what I am. Besides, I criticize Storj when it’s applicable as well. The big difference is that there is no use in trying to be constructive towards Binance. They are not going to care about what a nobody like me has to say. Storj does listen, so yeah, I tend to be more constructive in my criticism.

And as for:

In April and June I got paid on the 6th. In May I got paid on the 4th. That’s not taking Storj’s side, those are just facts. So I’m just not sure what you are insinuating here.
If you provide some actual evidence that Storj is playing with the market, I’ll be right by your side condemning Storj for it. I just require some evidence before I make that leap.

4 Likes

I got on Zksynk, exact before pump. It toke about 1h to withdraw it, and I sold it almost at the top.

1 Like

The pump started on the 4th. Again, at what precise time did you get paid on the 5th before the rise?

i found the time stamp of transfer blok Jul-04-2023 01:34:23 PM +UTC

but i see that last people on L1 was payd at Jul-05-2023 01:56:59 PM +UTC

i think difference is because Zksynk Storj pays all at once in batch, but on L1 they can pay one by one or in small portions batches, with some pause time. So there is the difference in time of payment.