Payout decreasing every month?

2023-07-04 12:21:53 UTC for me. So yeah, same. Clearly the payout scripts were started before the spike.

not able to in UK unfortunately.

@BrightSilence

I wonder if you also agree with storj that my post should be hidden ā€¦

I donā€™t. But this was a community report. Wait until the moderators judge it. So far itā€™s just community members flagging it. But no, I donā€™t think you said anything worth flagging. And Iā€™d rather engage with your post than flag it. But itā€™s not up to me.

2 Likes

Fair enoughā€¦

If to speak about your topic, i think storj more watch price of transfer than price of the token itself.
As it makes very big impact, as it paid in Ether not storj token.

3 Likes

Then they should have paid me in the 8th as usual. Not on the 5th. The transaction would have costed almost 3 times lessā€¦
Well, actually they donā€™t pay anything for my transactions because my address is from binanceā€¦

1 Like

why do you think so? it is not internal binance transactions, it is transactions on chain and it cast money always, especially tokens.

2 Likes

While you are entitled to your opinions and disagreements, you are not entitled to make baseless accusations against Community members.

Please consider this your one time warning to be respectful of everyone here.

6 Likes

Because I believe they do the rational thing. They keep a healthy amount of storj tokens in binance. Most probably not just in binance, but most node operators EX addresses must belong to binance.
Whenever they make a large transaction of storj tokens to binance, I donā€™t think they immediately sell them all.

you aremaking asumption on your own logic, but enterprice logic is the other. Yo canā€™t manage transactions on base of binace account or not. They making over 1000 transfers over month. As far as i know it all gos from one account
Address 0x303edcd8dbe1607fe512d45cc15d3e41fa4db44b | Etherscan

2 Likes

I can explain that. This month was end of quarter and our internal accounting team ask us to run the invoice process as early and as fast as possible. A side effect was that we also run through the storage node payout process a lot quicker.

I would not expect the same fast payout every month.

7 Likes

shady, shady, shadyā€¦
While Iā€™m entitled to my opinions and disagreements, I should keep my mouth shut.
I said @BrightSilence comes out as an ā€œundercover storjlingā€, an opinion I justified by stating he always defends storj with great passion. I also told him he should tone it down a bit to keep the status of ā€œjust another node operatorā€.
He actually did a much better job than what you are doing right now in order to contradict my opinion. I mean, if the ā€œactualā€ storjlings feel the need to come to his rescue for what I said, my baseless accusations seem less baseless than beforeā€¦

I donā€™t know you, but based on this post, I have to tell you I donā€™t respect you. So, you do your best (worst). You can also prevent others from reading this post. I guess it would fit your modus operandi. Iā€™m dying to check (I will!!!) what @Brightsilence would say about me being expelled from the forum.

2 Likes

There is nothing shady about insisting you not make accusations against Community members.

Pointing a finger at standard decorum will not bolster your claims.
Iā€™m not here to contradict your opinion.
Iā€™m here to make sure everyone adheres to the rules of the Forum.

Attacking me will get you nowhere.
Not sure what you are trying to achieve.
I am insisting on politeness for everyone equally.

6 Likes

I appreciate that. Thanks.

That said, I am fairly thick skinned and kind of skipped over the accusation made as I think there may also be a language barrier in play. I didnā€™t interpret it as @humbfig saying I am actually an undercover storjling, but rather suggesting thatā€™s how I come across. And I donā€™t think itā€™s unfair to say I frequently agree with Storjā€™s stance on things. I do. Not much I can do about that. But I also happen to think it makes for much more constructive conversations when I do disagree. Anyway, if anyone doubts it, my opinions are genuine and solely from the point of view of a node operator and small time customer who is just excited about the concept and technical implementation of Storj. (Ever since V3. I wasnā€™t wild about previous versions of the network and just saw it as a way to make an extra buck before V3)

Itā€™s not a good idea to double down. While I wouldnā€™t be a proponent of expelling you, I canā€™t stand behind this post or just tempting moderators in general anywhere. Just let it rest and take the warning to heart. Letā€™s get back to discussing the issues instead of the moderation.

2 Likes

Then you should not call it baselessā€¦ I did justify my opinion. And I even managed to do it without calling attention to the fact that @Brightsilence, just another node operator, was the person that initiated the thread ā€œLetā€™s talk about the elephant in the roomā€ā€¦ oh so baselessā€¦

I am not attacking you. I just told you I have no respect for you. It kind of means I wouldnā€™t buy a used car from you.
Generally speaking, I donā€™t respect people who prevent otherā€™s speech. More specifically, I thought your post was unprofessional. You did exactly the opposite of what you aimed at.

Sure, just a tiny bit more for @BrightSilenceā€¦

2 Likes

Thereā€™s no point in arguing in circles.
Nobody is preventing your speech.
You still have access to post.

I think you are clear on the guidelines of polite interaction in the Forum.
Please act accordingly. Thank you.

1 Like

Yeah, I forced a discussion that Storj representatives were dancing around at the time and not providing any real info on. Which served to inform node operators in a way Storj apparently wasnā€™t ready to do yet. I donā€™t think youā€™re making your point here. I imagine that topic may have caused some turmoil they werenā€™t prepared for yet. :smirk:
I think they handled it well though. Just look at how much they engaged with it. So yeah, I think you proved my point that being constructive is helpful when you want to discuss something you donā€™t like.

I was also the one pressing John in several Twitter spaces to publish their plans on the new economic model and Iā€™ll also point out that when they presented their first proposal for payout changes, my immediate response was that the lower bounds suggested were unacceptable. So thereā€™s that.

1 Like

No, so far it has just been threats:

Yep. Tell me to my face that you, as just another node operator, initiating that discussion, preparing the community for what was coming, doesnā€™t seem suspiciousā€¦ tell me!!!

I also remember writing that the lower bounds would never become real. I never wrote they were unacceptable. I wrote that storj was just playing with our minds. Proposing something ridiculous so that when the real numbers would come up, it would (kind of) seem acceptable. So, thereā€™s that tooā€¦