Payout decreasing every month?

I am a long time SNO, the feeling might be wrong but I have the impression that the reward is decreasing over time. And this, although, my nodes are all older than 15 months.

Other SNO long term contributors have similar experiences?

1 Like

I think so yes. Only a few dollars less tho, not like when the big reset comes down

1 Like

The Big Reset sounds very apocalyptic :wink:

what is the big reset? all test data deleted?

In the early stages in beta before any customers there was once a big reset where all test data was deleted. Doubtful that it’ll ever happen again.

Just that we are being overpaid for test data at the moment

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: STORJ as an investment for non-node operators?

It’s a very slight decrease, but yes, I have noticed this. Fluctuations are to be expected though, so I’m not worried about it.

I think over the last few weeks 100GB+ per older node was deleted, so they are all sharing the Ingress, whereas they were full before and not able to accept new data.

Grave digging this thread to say I feel like I just got overpaid
Is it something wrong with the storj price?

Token price has increased by ~ 20 cents so that might give you the impression that you were overpaid.

1 Like

man 2 years later. Really?

here is the payout screen for a node with a storage size of 20tb+

1 Like

Why are you getting so much? Or am I understanding your list wrong? With my 10Tb node(s) I get barely 20 usd

he has 20 tb node so it is 2x of yours, 40$, it also depends on location, it you are near big client so you serve them faster.

2 Likes

bro, this node has twice the storage size of yours.

I have to say that I rounded up. At the Moment I got for 9.7Tb about 17-18 USD.
But yeah, I was kinda dumb looking in the 10Tb section, where he got like 50 USD.

1 Like

those were fat years, now we’re gearing up for $1.5/TB

Anyone know why price increase recently?

I do not like that the price goes that high shortly before payouts…

If price goes down right after we get payed I would call it scam or price manipulation…

That leads me to the question: wouldn’t it be much better if the median price of the last xx days is used to calculate the amount of storj token a node operator receive

1 Like

Talking about reopening old discussions. The only fair way is to use market price. Otherwise you always get complaints when the averaging leads to a lower payout. With market rate you can always choose to sell right away and avoid any market risk at all. If you average a past value, you already start out with either a loss or a gain.

Storj publishes their token flow reports and wallet addresses. Go look for yourself. They don’t do market manipulation. (If the did, the SEC would come and close them down in no time)

Somehow people never complain when payouts happen during a low value dip, like last month.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

3 Likes