Please suggest me how to do a graceful exit

Can I pause and resume the GE progress?
If yes, Does it resume from where it paused?

You are not allowed to take the storage node offline or blocking the traffic. Disqualification would be the result for that. You are allowed to call graceful exit in the middle of the month to split the traffic over 2 months. You are allowed to call graceful exit per satellite to split the traffic even further.

And what if there is a sudden power cut?

short cut of UPS will help.

I pray that there wouldn’t be a power cut. Because if there will be. I have UPS for the PC but not for the router.

1 Like

I have an upload and download of 35 Mbps. And the files of Storj stored on my hard drive is 500GB. So, How much time would it normally take?

You posted yourself earlier how you can follow the progress.

If your node does go offline, just get it back online asap and it will resume the process. It may take a while though. Please report back how things are going!

Okay, I will do that. Thank You for your concern.

If I will be stuck at 99.99%, is Storj liable to pay me?

You must get a completion receipt to get paid your held amount. If you fail GE then you won’t get paid.

1 Like

And where do i show that completion receipt?

Again please read the guide completely.

In some situations the storage node doesn’t need to transfer 100% of the data and might finish graceful exit with a lower percentage. As long as graceful exit was successful you will get your hold back amount with the next regular payout. “Completion Receipt” contains a signature from the satellite and is your ticket to get the payback. Please keep your storagenodeID, each satelliteID and each completion receipt. With these information your can open a support ticket if needed.

If any of your nodes are Disqualified you will not be able to run graceful exit on them, And you have to have been running your node for at least 6 months.

i got that, but what should I do to completely uninstall Storj? After the GE is successful I want to join the network again.

Thanks for the info but i already read it on the GE Guide.