Port forward problem

Hi - i have a 3g/4g router called TP-Link TL-MR3020. It uses and USB with a simcard. And i just CANNOT get it to portforward. It is supposed to work according to manual (Download for TL-MR3020 | TP-Link) But i cant get it working. I have set up No ip and that seems to work.
Maybe someone can help? my node is “running” but offline because of the port. I will attach some screenshots from router settings.
BTW i have another device that uses UPnP and that works - can i make a Pi use UPnP?

I dont know if i should use virtual servers or port triggering - maybe someone here knowes? :slight_smile: I read in the manual that DMZ was also some kind of port forward - so i attached a photo of that aswell.

Thanks alot in advance.

“Virtual servers”. Please disable all the other crap including:

1 Like

Okay i will try that.

When i only have virtual servers enabled its not open when i use a port checker :confused:

Please double check the internal IP of your Raspi, the port you specified in your config.yaml und check if you DDNS is working correctly.

There is a chance that your ISP does not give you an external IPv4 adress (since it is a mobile provider).

Okay i will try that - thanks

i dont think my config.yaml is correct - it does not look like the ip i choose and the space is 1TB eventho i choosed 4 - what can i have done wrong? should i just edit the config?

I don’t know since I do not run a Linux node.

Yeah, make sure you add the address like this:
111.222.333.444:28967

But when i run the script i used this:

Shouldt that automaticaly set the config.yaml and work?

Im welling to bet the mobile hot spot doesnt even have a public IP, The same goes for cell phones when you set a hot spot you cannot forward ports to it. Really the only thing you can do is setup a VPN to forward ports to it.

But - The UPnP does work and is 100% forwarded.

UPnp doesnt matter, The only thing that matters if you actually get a public IP, Just because the router itself can forward to your local host doesnt mean People can access it from the outside.

I also think this might be the case here.

I have another thing running on a port - that is working as it seems - how do i check if i have a public ip and if i dont - is there any solution?

Can you confirm that by using an external port check service?

The IP you enter to test that other service will be the same you have to use for Storj.

no im not 100% sure its working.
Whould i be able to fix this with a vpn?

If the problem is actually you not getting a public IPv4 adress, then yes

In the very first post the OP says the router is a USB device with a sim card. It is very very unlikely there is an accessible public IPv4 address for this setup. So a VPN should provide a solution for node connectivity.

4 Likes

Well, technically the router is connected to the PC via standard fare RJ45, so it’s not a USB device from the PC’s point of view. The USB part is just the mobile data modem plugged into the router :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you - i have a large cap (1TB) so that will not be a problem - its a server i have running anyways so i wanted to try out a Storj farm on it. For my own fun and to maybe make a few videos with. I will try with a vpn and see if i can make that work.
Cheers