Post pictures of your storagenode rig(s)

Haha not direcly :stuck_out_tongue: this is a Ethernetcable shipped together with my old wifi router :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This is one of my newest nodes had my rpi 4 laying around after my test projects put it to work.

5 Likes

I used custom backpanes with LSI SAS expanders, have a 3 lines of HDD, eatch lines is have 20 HDD. It can be SAS/SATA. Two HBA controlles serving this lines, I using ZFS on this setup. Also this chassis have possibility to expand with another JBOD like this.

2 Likes

Hi all.

Compared to what I see around here, a basic setup of mine, but I’m just getting started.

A PC with an I5 4590 processor, 16 Gb of Ram memory and two nodes, one 1.8TB and the other 12.6TB, complemented by a 1200VA UPS.

Regards.

7 Likes

20 posts were split to a new topic: I just picked up a few New (New Old Stock) UPS

Don’t tease me with that peel man…

2 Likes

Nice, I’ve been keeping an eye on eBay for a Dell r515 or 510 (for the 12 x 3.5" bays) so I’m very jealous! :slight_smile:

I luv Dell stuff in general, they just look nice! lol

1 Like

Specifically for @Vadim: WD Elements 14TB now on sale for 235 EUR :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks, I just got 4x 10TB Toshiba Enterprice HDD for 190 eur/pcs with delivery on local market.

3 Likes

is it possible to discuss batteries in a separate thread?
Thank.

4 Likes

Moved to a separate thread.
Perhaps we should move all discussions from this thread to a separate ones to keep it clear with the title

8 Likes

I think that’s a good idea.

Upgraded from this

To

Thanks all for ideas.

Additional added 35TB
All farm is now 111 TB
300-320W consumprion
And now i have space for aditional about 3x 4U rackmount cases. for futura use.

and need some aditional collers to navigate cool air inside and make it silaent way.

25 Likes

nice cabinet!

Way cleaner than i have…cables and such.

1 Like

Wow nice!
All 111TB at one /24 IP-net?

2 ISP with with own IP

2 Likes

What’s behind the door?

1 Like

My newest node:

16TB Exos X about to go in there when my SATA controller arrives - unluckily, the board does not seem to support large HDDs…bought it as a mining board years ago, it has paid off multiple times already.

/edit: the cables look much tidier with the HDD/ODD tray installed :wink:

2 Likes

if you need it work silient, dont take this CPU coller on picture.

Almost all stuff that in previus picture, but takes less space.