Post pictures of your storagenode rig(s)

3x DL380 G9 @ 12x 18TB WD datacenter drives Raid6, only two servers on picture other one in another location.

Running ESXi on all hosts managed by vcenter, using checkpoint firewalls. I have four different sites and 29 nodes totaling 600TB of storage.

Synology backup takes daily esxi hosts backup.

Monitoring with zabbix & grafana.

Fully meshed s2s VPN between all sites.

12 Likes

Xpenology OS same synology it s free…
Amd Phenom II x6 with 16Go ram
10g sfp+ board on fibre FAI 8G/700M
3x4to Raid5 with cash ssdx2 write and read
5x2To for 5 storj Nod
1 SDD 2To
apc onduleur

8 Likes

Wanted to show you my setup earlier but it was messy, and on different locations.
Now due to war in Ukraine i was need to move all my nodes in 1 place where i have ISP with optical connection, also bought UPS and x2 100Ah batteries (hope it will pay for itself someday :smiley: ), that allows nodes to run without electricity for around 10-12 hours.
Inside 2u cases:
4 nodes 2+4+8+6 TBs
4 nodes 10+8+12+12 TBs
RaspberryPi4 with 2 nodes 8+10 TBs

in other locations nodes are not physicaly reacheable for me at this moment but they still works,
2 odroids HC2, 1 node per 1 odroid, 10 and 16 TBs
1u case 6TB
NanoPi R4s with 2 4TBs nodes

13 Likes

My rig, after The Proposal:

23 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream:

Somebody has stolen your rig!!!

3 Likes

Can i have chassis name :smiley: it look cute

1 Like

It is CoolerMaster Centurion 590 with Supermicro Mobile Rack CSE-M35T.

Nice and clean server room.
I suppose your three racks full of Storj servers are behind your back and not in the photo, right?

I think the boy made a joke… :grin:
it’s his rig after the SNO cuts

i got it, it’s just a joke of the joke :smiley:

Yes, that was a joke ^^

She’s not much to look at, but 5x 12 TB Drives (8x now) + 3 SSDs on motherboard sata ports (for databases, logs etc), and 2x NVME Samsung Pro 970s for the OS. Connect via 2x 10G to my switch aggregator and out a 2.5G up 2.5G down wan line. Runs a plex server / seedbox / AdGuard Home / Scrypted and the Arrs, have 24 TB dedicated for Storj and 1 TB filled.

Drives are connected to a QXP-800eS-A1164 via SFF-8088 to Sata cables :smiley:

Room has AC and Heat and is temp controlled.

5 Likes

Over the years, not only people but also nodes get fat

4 Likes

take care to not get your sata cables to close to network or power cables, it will cause random hdd read and write errors…

i’ve been know to do setups like yours and figuring out it was the proximity to power or network cables took me forever :smiley:

3 Likes

No! Stop! You have so much to live for

10 Likes

It just heard about the payout cuts. :rofl:

3 Likes

The node on this server just moved to some new hardware :slight_smile:

Intel 4th Gen CPU with a 12V-only-PSU, so I expect it to draw a bit less power than the old Xeon machine.

4 Likes

that system seems to have a lot more sata connections than drive bays. Is it a fujitsu?

2 Likes

Yep, it’s a Fujitsu Esprimo P420 85+

Actually it only has 3 SATA ports, only 2 of which are even SATA 6G :melting_face:

How did you manage to grow your nodes to 140TB on a single IP?