Post pictures of your storagenode rig(s)

Yes, but i mean i frequently move one node over network or external 4 drive Cage. This faster than move node from one single drive to another single drive.
And as i say before node bigger than one drive.
And one node on 4 3tib drives faster than on one on 12tib single drive.

1 Like

I can hear that UPS crying till Germany :smiley:
You should invest the STORJ you earn into a rack my friend :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, this money is reserved in held on stefan benten satellite right now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Still very early days so only two nodes up and running on my ReadyNAS so far.
Give me a few more months and this could be a lot more interesting :wink:

3 Likes

My 22 Nodes. I am in series quest, and i am dont know how to solve it.
I think how to make something that make low noice, take less space, have good cooling and will be secure.

I got secong chield 2 days ago, and i have now max 6-8 months, til she start to figure out, what is this button DO.

11 Likes

Well congrats!

Maybe a big server rack?

it is about 385 Euro litle bit expencive, also need wife aproovment :slight_smile:
But i just made space calculations and it will fit perfectly

With 22 nodes you should gain much more than 385 €
Especially with two ISP sockets which you have :wink:

By the way congratulations with growing your family!

i made GE on Stefen-benten, on my 10 old nodes got 1700 eur, planed to increase storage by exchange some 2TB to 8-10 TB HDDs. But securety takes own price.

Thanks

All that could be packed in a single Supermicro 846 chassis. It’s a 4U rackmount with 24 hotswap 3.5" bays and amazing compatibility. Look for the said supermicro with at least s2011 motherboard, dual socket or not - your choice.
Case looks like this:

You don’t need a rack for it, but I recommend that you get at least a small one - a 12U open one will be more than enough for your immediate needs and used racks cost pennies.
Like this: image.php

Stock fans in it are on a louder side, but you can mod it with 120mm fans and add extra in front to cool the drive bays. At this point drives themselves will make more noise than fans.

3 Likes

hahahah.

whirrrrrrrrr ssshhhhhhh

o shi oshi ooooshiii

A bit like that child that pressed the monitor off when her dad (professional car racer) was in a virtual race

Instant regret on her face :stuck_out_tongue:

Congratz on having a little one!

and the power supply Fans? I guess they still Run with highest rpms.

I found an option at Fantec.
https://www.fantec.de/en/products/server-products/19-inch-server-storage-cases/produkt/details/artikel/1873_fantec_src_4240x07/

Right, I completely forgot about it. SQ variants of supermicro power supplies are notably quiet. I have PWS-920P-SQ in my server and I never noticed the fan noise.

This is my Node. I saw so big nodes in this post here haha.
My Setup:

• Raspberry Pi3b+
  • Fan Case
  • 1.7TB WD USB drive

At the moment its not having a UPS, but I think its to expensive for such a small node.

8 Likes

It’s great to see nodes of all sizes. Yours probably has a better ROI% than most. :wink:

Your calendar seems to be a bit behind though, haha.

7 Likes

Of course :slight_smile:
I haven’t bought any part now for this node, so my only invest is the power it uses.

About the calender, its just used as a notepad haha so doesn’t matter :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And to think, I was super impressed that you had somehow started mining Storj V3 in 2013

2 Likes

Its not called mining, as income is not straight resource (those that you allocated) aligned! The closest definition would be farming :slight_smile:

4 Likes

starts to plant 14tb hdd’s in hopes of growing more

3 Likes

as i made my researches, 14 TB is very expencive it accound eur/TB