Problem with docker. 100% cpu usage and nodes go down

So conclusion is to attempt a move from docker to windows service?

They fight? i dont understand?

i belive thhere is 6 cores allocated.

officialy i think

1 Like

Do you know if there is an official guide to moving to windows service from docker?

yes 8 containers fight about 6 cores.
since each container wants a core to run on, from my thinking, that causes system interruptions going over 0,1%

1 Like

Makes sense i guess - so either get 8 core CPU or move to windows service maybe :smiley:

ah, please read about dual chanel memory setup. one stick only slows the system internaly.
usually 2x8=16 or 2x16=32 also maybe they have to be in the right slots, see manual from mainboard.
then bios activates dc automaticaly (maybe)

what else runs on the system? or is it storj only?

Only storj.

yea maybe i should get dual channel at some point. but i dont that is the main issue

yes but its a important bottleneck easy to remove, it slows down your whole system,
2x8 are twice as fast as 1x16

i have one single chanel mini pc (by force, it has only one ram slot), never again.

1 Like

Sorry i am not exactly sure how to use the command?

get-counter -counter ‘\PhysicalDisk(*)\Avg. Disk Write Queue Length’| select -ExpandProperty countersamples

can you elaborate? do i replace “PhysicalDisk” with disk letter?

The disks are running new nodes.
My disk controller is: lsi 9200-8i bought used 2 months ago.

When you say fix is easy - i agree - i just dont want to fuck up.
my thought:
node1 - move with the official windows installation service and make sure everything is running as it should.
Then proceed with the others with vadim toolbox.
But - i need to ensure the windows service uses all the settings i run in my docker run command.

I hear you - will be looking for a set of 2x16GB on used prices at some point.

1 Like

2x8 may be enough for storj only

1 Like

Thanks - i tried exactly that but assumed i did something wrong:

Thanks
how does this look?

If you would like to use WSL and Ubuntu, you would need to setup storagenodes as Linux services there: [Tech Preview] Linux Installer Part 2

However, if you would like to use docker, then you need to upgrade WSL version from 1 to 2, then you would not need a docker desktop: Install Docker on Windows (WSL) without Docker Desktop - DEV Community, Install Docker in WSL 2 without Docker Desktop — Nick Janetakis, etc.
You may also use podman or Rancher Desktop instead (you would use podman or nerdctl instead of docker to operate containers).

However, in all cases you would need to run WSL2 after reboot or re-login to start either storagenode services or docker, they would not start themselves by default.

If you want to use Windows GUI and run multiple nodes, you may use Win GUI Storj Node Toolbox.

1 Like

Thanks Alexey - im currently working on transfering all the windows service :slight_smile:

1 Like