Problems with storagenode and update in Docker on Diskstation DSM

First of all, welcome to the forums! I hope you have a pleasant time in this great community.

Imagine how tired people are of answering the same questions over and over again. Please be a little more considerate of other peoples time.

Anyway, ignoring that, let me take a stab at answering your questions.

Doesn’t matter, but I would generally advise to run only single commands using sudo in front of it and not run everything as root. You open yourself up to unnecessary risks by always being root. There is a reason it doesn’t work like that by default anymore.

This is the correct setting, the path refers to the path inside the container, which is mapped to your storage location. Make sure you use an editor that doesn’t replace the straight quotes with curly ones.
This "" not this “”

Docker nodes get updated after the rollout for the native updater is done. You are on the latest version for docker nodes. Watchtower will update you when it’s time.

On windows it’s part of the normal install. Linux version is still new and under development. [Tech Preview] Linux Installer Part 2

Restarting alone is fine, you will need to remove and run with the full command if you want to make changes to settings that are overwritten in the docker run command.

It was likely blocked by an ad blocker. If you disable ad blockers and DNS blockers, the email should work.

Everything that isn’t in the storage or identity locations is stored inside the docker containers. Please refer to docker docs to find out how to browse inside the docker container. You should never have to do that for normal operation though.

Probably best to disable all of those, but the HDD likely won’t get a chance to go to sleep anyway. Recycle bin is useless for storj, it manages a trash folder itself for when it’s needed. Write cache kind of depends on your setup. It’s generally safer to disable, but if you have a UPS the increased performance can help. However, having a UPS that doesn’t shut down the system kind of defeats the purpose, it just postpones the unsafe shutdown. You risk corruption of the node db’s if you use write cash and cut power.

I would recommend against this as docker updates have let to problems in the past on Synology. Additionally the shutdown for update won’t use the -t 300 parameter and could force kill the running node leading to db corruption. Before you update docker, have a look around in the forums to see if anyone has had any problems with the new version. You can even start a post to ask for it if no one else has yet (but please use search first, we don’t need several posts for the same thing). DSM updates are generally safer, but I recommend not doing them automatically either and manually stop the node before installing. I recommend against installing beta versions of DSM.

While some of these questions may have been kind of new, at least half have been asked and answered frequently. Often by the same people who keep answering them over and over. Please be respectful of peoples time. You’re the one asking for help, you shouldn’t expect others to spend the time if you don’t yourself.