QUIC Misconfigured

Sorry I don’t use Windows for this application, nor do I suggest to use it for an application running 24/7 without user intervention. In this case we need a low power (Watts), low resource (memory) cheap processor, like an Atom or Arm processor running Linux to have a chance to at least break even and make the system viable.
Anyways I was just warning that you should open the port in tcp and udp mode to avoid this QUIC warning.

I have set it up 2 years ago and each time I need to restart the pc it starts automatically, do you know where that command is?
thank you!

I know. In CMD.
I gave you a link to the documentation …

Ok, but I need to stop the node before running the command is that right?
And after the next reboot, will it start with the new values, or it will start with the ones the node was configured the first time?

In one CMD window:

docker inspect storagenode

You should find the information you need <identity-dir> and <storage-dir> - search ‘Mounts’

In the second CMD window:

1. Stop the running Storage Node container:
docker stop -t 300 storagenode
  1. Remove the existing container:
docker rm storagenode
  1. Copy the command into a text editor (the Notepad++ is recommended), do not use any word processor:
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 -p 28967:28967/tcp -p 28967:28967/udp -p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002 -e WALLET="0xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" -e EMAIL="user@example.com" -e ADDRESS="domain.ddns.net:28967" -e STORAGE="2TB" --mount type=bind,source="<identity-dir>",destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source="<storage-dir>",destination=/app/config --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest
  1. Edit the WALLET , EMAIL , ADDRESS , STORAGE and replace the <identity-dir> , and <storage-dir> with your parameters.

2. Copy the updated command.

3. Run it in a terminal window.

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: QUIC Misconfigured on Synology

Hello all,

Been running a single node for about 1y with 0 issues. Today I updated to 1.49.5 (current latest image) and my QUIC is registering misconfigured. It was fine on 1.47.3 and the ports are open for both udp and tcp.

The strange thing is that my router is not registering any hits on the UDP port, just TCP one. So UDP rule is registering 0, and TCP is getting constant hits.

Upload and download work fine and the node is running. I know quic is not mandatory, but its really bugging me why up until a few minutes it was fine, and now it is no longer working/registering.

Running this via docker on a DSM 7.1 host (same for the whole year), and no, DSM update to version 7 didn’t cause any problems. It was all fine as I had 1.47.3 running on it as well with no problems.

Any ideas?

Tnx in advance

I had a similar issue that when I restarted the node my QUIC was suddenly showing as misconfigured. Even hours after the restart the status did not change.
I just restarted the node again and then it was back to „OK“ again :smiley:

You need to update your docker run too: QUIC requirements | Storj Docs

Tnx for the response. I did try that but that didn’t help in my case.

I am not using a docker run, but docker-compose method. By update you mean “–stop-timeout 300” because that’s the only element that I don’t have. With 1.47.3 I didnt needed it, and it all worked fine.

Is that what needs to be added?

tnx for your help!

For docker-compose you need a similar setting, but i assume you have this:

ports:
  - 28967:28967/tcp
  - 28967:28967/udp

There seemed a bug with this around docker-compose v1.26 but it has been fixed for some time (Docker-Compose Ignores Exposed TCP/UDP on same Port · Issue #7627 · docker/compose · GitHub). So maybe check what version you’re on.

The strange thing is that my router is not registering any hits on the UDP port, just TCP one.

Do you mean from WAN to LAN or other way around? The request from the satellite should be coming from WAN after restart.

I am not using a docker run, but docker-compose method. By update you mean “–stop-timeout 300” because that’s the only element that I don’t have. With 1.47.3 I didnt needed it, and it all worked fine.

yeah that’s unrelated

1 Like

ports:

• 28967:28967/tcp
  • 28967:28967/udp

Yes I do have it, as I said it all worked fine with 1.47.3 and then after pulling the latest latest image, and container recreation, there was QUIC misconfiguration error.

Correct outside towards my LAN. I see constant TCP hit counter rising, while the old (already existing) UDP rule is not getting any hits at all. Ofc this was all set day 1 since one year ago when the node was originally setup. Also I have done numerous updates until then on the same host, and there was never a Quic misconfig problem.

figured as much, but just wanted to be sure.

I will wait for 1.50.3 edition when it will be pushed as latest, and see if that will fix it. If anyone has any other idea, I would like to hear them. Again, the node is working fine, but considering that QUIC is not something that I can remove as a visual presentation, I would like to get that “OK” status back :wink:

tnx again all

that helped a great deal, thank you

Guys please I need help, this is my first time setting up a node and I can’t figure out where I went wrong. So the node is online but the QUIC is misconfigured still. I checked that the port is open when I used the test tool. Also done on both my router and allowed the port on my firewall both UDP and TCP. No matter what I try it remains misconfigured.

Can someone please talk to me on discord and I can open screen share so they can walk me thru? its Hanzo#4684

Here is the test I have made to test that my port is open

Are you using docker or Windows? if docker, paste the docker run command here

Hello @Crixus47 ,
Welcome to the forum!

Please, restart the storagenode container/service to apply the changes. If you use docker, you also need to update your docker run command with -p 28967:28967/tcp -p 28967:28967/udp.

Using windows. are there any other info I can post to help?

I am using windows, could you please guide me on how to restart the container/service?