Setup Storj to Asustor AS3304T nas

Hi! I would like to install storj node to my Asustor AS3304T nas, but unfortunatelly I can’t do it. Somebody could give me some tip, how can I install it, or is storj compatible for my nas? My nas has ADM os, but i don’t find any installation guide for it. Thanks for any help.

Hi @kozakbarnabas
The Asustor documentation mentions docker is supported (Using an ASUSTOR NAS with Docker - ASUSTOR NAS) so you should install docker and then follow the CLI node installation instructions - Storage Node - Node Operator

1 Like

Hi Stob, I thank you for your help. I installed Docker-ce for my asustor, but I can’t open it, is it running in hide? I installed Portainer CE too… I use that tutorial Using Portainer with an ASUSTOR NAS - YouTube, I attached a picture what I see.

I can’t figure out next step, how can I start the setup process?

I would not recommend to use any GUI, they do not allow to configure mounting in a proper way.
Please, enable ssh, login to your NAS and follow this guide:

You can skip the Docker setup step since you already installed it.

Hi Aexey, I followed your adwice, I enable ssh and install Shell in a box. I typed CLI install setup comands, but it is not working. I attached what I see. What do you think what is wrong?

You need to create a user identity. Preferably on your main PC because it takes ages to do that in the Asusstore. Then you copy the files to the NAS.

Hi ligloo, I already created identity and copyed it to my NAS. I created two folder \STORJ\Identity and \STORJ\storage. On Identity folder there is generated storegenode folder and 6 genereated files. I want store storj-s data on storage folder. Any other tip?

This is one command, not several …

docker run --rm -e SETUP="true" \
    --user $(id -u):$(id -g) \
    --mount type=bind,source="<identity-dir>",destination=/app/identity \
    --mount type=bind,source="<storage-dir>",destination=/app/config \
    --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

This can be written differently:

docker run --rm -e SETUP="true"     --user $(id -u):$(id -g)     --mount type=bind,source="<identity-dir>",destination=/app/identity     --mount type=bind,source="<storage-dir>",destination=/app/config     --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

The data path in linux is given differently, example:

/volume2/storjo/danev3/identity/storagenode

I tiped it, but now I get permission denied.

In Synology NAS, you need to execute the command as “sudo”:

sudo docker run --rm -e SETUP="true"     --user $(id -u):$(id -g)     --moun..................

Maybe in Asustor you also need “sudo”…

Thanks peem, it is helped. Now I got that message, is it the setup permission?

When you enter the password, you take responsibility for the linux system that works there

Okay, now get message: Invalid argument.

You have the beginning of the data path on the screen:

/volume1/home/Barna

I don’t know how to go on (it’s your system), I don’t know if you have one disk / volume or more …
but do not enter the path in SMB format …

what the command show:

cd / && ls

I get that :frowning: :frowning:

Approx. You have /volume0 and /volume1

For now you need to find where the “identity” is uploaded by you

only command:

cd /volume0 && ls

do not enter “sudo docker run …”

ok, i am on
Barna@HAL9000-NAS:/volume0 $
what next?
I have raid 5 with 3 hdd, but only 1 partition as i know