Should I stop my node V2 now, when I run V3?

I’m running one of the old nodes from a year ago. Should I stop it now when I’m running new node?

1 Like

The v3 is in the alpha stage, only v2 is in the production.
We still have customers on v2, so, please, keep them running if they have any data.

1 Like

Sorry to re-open, but as we’re now in Beta - should we still keep V2 running?
According to storjstat a lot of v2 have been shutdown now, my gut feeling is 2/3 are gone… I’ve kept mine running, storage used went down to 3MB, went up two days ago to 5MB again :slight_smile: When can we shut it down?

Please, keep it online if you have any data on them.

After the production launch

Ok so even 5MB?
But if it would go down to 0MB I can shutdown right?
Reason I’m asking is I wanted to avoid to keep the other raspberry pi3 running now that I moved the V3 to synology.
As the 5MB also lay on the old NAS which I want to sell, I think I’ll move the data to the pi itself (SD card) :slight_smile:

Yes, please.

Yes.

You can do it.

1 Like

Or you can move the v2 node to synology as well and free up the pi to do something else. Save some power as well.

Yeah I was thinking about that as well but wasn’t sure what I need to install etc… didnt want to install too much stuff and no node.js etc. lala… is there a ‘safe’ way where I can cleanly remove it / a synology package or so (I guess not) :slight_smile:

I’m running them using this docker image:

oreandawe/storjshare-cli:latest

But it seems the old docs are no longer at docs.storj.io and without the instructions it’s going to be hard to migrate.

@Alexey are the old docs still available elsewhere?

Here’s the gist though:

• copy your data and config file(s)
  • pull the image: sudo docker pull oreandawe/storjshare-cli:latest
  • run the container (adjust the port range to only ports you actually use)
sudo docker run --detach \
    --name storj\
    --restart=always \
    -v /path/to/storjdata:/storj \
    -p 4000-4003:4000-4003 \
  • Adjust the config file(s) to match paths inside the container for data and logs
  • Start the docker daemon: sudo docker exec storj storjshare daemon
  • Start the node(s): sudo docker exec storj storjshare start --config /storj/config.json
  • Check status: sudo docker exec storj storjshare status

Please note that starting the container does not start your node. You would have to start the daemon and node with the above commands. I have a script in task scheduler to do this on boot.

sleep 60
docker exec storj storjshare daemon
docker exec storj storjshare start --config /storj/config.json

The sleep is needed to make sure the container is running before you trigger these commands.

1 Like

The old docs are partially available on https://support.storj.io/hc/en-us/categories/360001643751-v2-network

@BrightSilence question:

• copied data and config file
  • pulled image
  • ran container
    (first didn’t work as 5000 the port I used is the synology webinterface :P)
    So I changed it to 4000… when I started the docker it goes in ‘restarting’ all the time and it says ion logfile:
    !!! WALLET_ADDRESS must be set to an ERC20 wallet address

My run command is:

--name storj\
    --restart=always \
    -v /volume1/Storj/v2/data \
    -p 4000:4000 \

I didnt start daemon / or anything yet, isnt that weird?

Thanks for help.

Just found this:

docker run --detach \
    --name mystorjdaemon \
    --restart=always \
    -v /path/to/storjdata:/storj \
    -p 4000-4003:4000-4003 \
    -e WALLET_ADDRESS=your_ERC20_wallet_address \
    [-e DAEMONADDRESS=127.0.0.1] \
    [-e DATADIR=/storj] \
    [-e SHARE_SIZE=1TB] \
    [-e RPCADDRESS=0.0.0.0] \
    [-e RPCPORT=4000] \
    [-e TUNNELING_REQUIRED=TRUE] \
    [-e STORJ_MONITOR_API_KEY=your_storjstat_com_api_key] \
    [-e USE_HOSTNAME_SUFFIX=FALSE] \

will check :slight_smile:

Ah damn it, I cant get it to work… if I add wallet etc. and more it writes an own new config file…

And comes up with a new node:
sudo docker exec storj storjshare status

┌─────────────────────────────────────────────┬─────────┬──────────┬──────────┬─────────┬───────────────┬─────────┬──────────┬───────────┬──────────────┐
│ Node                                        │ Status  │ Uptime   │ Restarts │ Peers   │ Allocs        │ Delta   │ Port     │ Shared    │ Bridges      │
├─────────────────────────────────────────────┼─────────┼──────────┼──────────┼─────────┼───────────────┼─────────┼──────────┼───────────┼──────────────┤
│ a312357dd24f4dd0dfbac017f4a539a309f51690    │ running │ 3m 28s   │ 0        │ 9       │ 0             │ >9999ms │ 4000     │ ...       │ connected    │
│   → /data/config/share                      │         │          │          │         │ 0 received    │         │ (TCP)    │ (...%)    │              │
└─────────────────────────────────────────────┴─────────┴──────────┴──────────┴─────────┴───────────────┴─────────┴──────────┴───────────┴──────────────┘

So my problem is… how can I fire up the deamon without any node starting so I can then run the command line with the right directory…

Just specify a right directory for the data and config
-v /path/to/data:/data/config/share -v /path/to/config/file.json:/data/config/config.json
and so on.
Don’t forget to change the path to data and logs respectively /data path in the configuration file.
It’s better to use a --mount notation for bindings as well

1 Like

Thanks. Will play with that…
Where can I read which parameters to set again?

The path to data is where these three are in right? Same folder I added into the config.json file already
contracts.db sharddata.kfs tokens.db
The path to config I know as well.

Logs is then
/path/to/logs:/xxx?

-v /path/to/logs:/data/config/log

1 Like

Ok thanks. And last one “It’s better to use a --mount notation for bindings as well”
That was this right?
–mount type=bind,source=

But how would it look for the above instead of -v?
–mount type=bind,source="/path/to/logs":/data/config/log

Like that?

--name storj\
    --restart=always \
    -v :/volume1/Storj/v2/ \
    --mount type=bind,source="/path/to/data":/volume1/Storj/v2/data
    --mount type=bind,source="/path/to/config/file.json":/volume1/Storj/v2/configs/config.json
    --mount type=bind,source="/path/to/logs":/volume1/Storj/v2/logs

Almost :slight_smile:

--mount type=bind,src=/path/to/logs,dst=/data/config/log

or long version:

--mount type=bind,source=/path/to/logs,destination=/data/config/log
1 Like

So this could work then:

--name storj\
    --restart=always \
    -v :/volume1/Storj/v2/ \
    --mount type=bind,src=/path/to/data,dst=/volume1/Storj/v2/data \
    --mount type=bind,src=/path/to/config/file.json,dst=/volume1/Storj/v2/configs/config.json \
    --mount type=bind,src=/path/to/logs,dst=/volume1/Storj/v2/logs \

“docker: Error response from daemon: invalid mount config for type “bind”: bind source path does not exist: /path/to/data.”

Oh man, its so late sorry… or I just exchange path to … with the right path? :slight_smile: But I did that … no?