Storage node dashboard

The API is still available on that port, so you will tell to everyone your email address and wallet, and all statistics as well.
If you fine with that - go ahead! :slight_smile:

No, just score*100, because it can be between 0 and 1.

Itā€™s calculate the usage for the current month, not accumulated.

Easy. Itā€™s Gb multiplied to the hours, which they was available. If data has been deleted, it could not be accounted as being online.

Doesnā€™t look like it;

{
  "totalCount": 217696,
  "successCount": 216776,
  "alpha": 99.91436151308675,
  "beta": 0.08563848691309517,
  "score": 0.999143615130869
}

the only way to get 99.6% out of this is to do 100*216776/217696. Multiplying the score by 100 would get me 99.9%

Then I am missing something. If I understand correctly, when a client stores 1GB on my node, that data generates 24GBh every day until it is deleted, right? So the graph in this situation would show a flat line of 24GBh/d and the total value would be 24*number_of_days where the number of days is since the data was stored or since the first of the month if the data was stored earlier.

Since the bandwidth value is not zero, it means that some data was stored on my node (at least for some time), so the GB*h value also should be non-zero.

The old dashboard shows 2.7TB disk usage and those terabytes were not uploaded to my node today.

Yea, somehow I missed that this is for each day, not the accumulated value.

I inspected API data.

Whatā€™s exposed:

• Wallet public ID
  • Storagenode ID
  • Statistics

There is nothing confidential in that info.

Exposing email would be undesirable, but I donā€™t see, that itā€™s exposed. Or is there another endpoint for that?

http://slavikca.myds.me:14002

alpha / (alpha + beta)

My disk space used this month is fixed at 0 GB*h, even in individual satellites. Is it right or am I missing something?

Can I request a toggle between GB and TB for all the results/graphs?
I have TB worth of everything and donā€™t want to do the math.

Instead of the graphs crashing down to what looks like zero, can they float or break at the last collected point. If this is because I am looking at a particular time of the day currently and they do float -disregard.

Has last contact become irrelevant and only thing that matters is the new ā€œonlineā€ icon? If not how do we know last contact? Many times when I have had a problem, my node still said online but the last contact was a high number (I know changes were made for 21.1 that makes it less reliable but I have always used it)

Are there plans to implement any of the results of the successrate.sh scripts? I would like to be able to monitor how my node is doing with concurrent sessions and context cancelled. Also any rejected *loads.

There currently isnā€™t any repair traffic that I have seen in a long time, are there plans to build out repair traffic data?
I agree with Odmin about seeing token balances, so like, bump, or plus 1 on that request.

1 Like
{
  "totalCount": 217696,
  "successCount": 216776,
  "alpha": 99.91436151308675,
  "beta": 0.08563848691309517,
  "score": 0.999143615130869
}

99.9143/(99.9143+0.0856)=0.99914399914
216776/217696=0.9957
Seems to me that the dashboard does show success/total instead of alpha(alpha+beta) score.

1 Like

Hello all, world
Check my updated console crossplatform multi-node script for dashboard api
bash-scripting guys pull up to that level of functionality not too fast :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Are there plans for a single dashboard to monitor multiple nodes? I have 10 nodes and itā€™s a pain to look at them all separately

1 Like

I must be missing something because I canā€™t just add this, Iā€™ve updated the config.yaml since my nodes area already running and after I restart, port 14002 isnā€™t bound, so itā€™s not running.

you have to add -p 14002:14002 to your docker run command

1 Like

Can you post your docker run command and remove your personal details if you want ?

Iā€™m seeing a slight reporting issue on bandwidth on the dashboard GUI.

Dashboard (CLI non-API) reports 19.4TB left for bandwidth, whereas the GUI page reports 10490.14GB. Image is atttached

Itā€™s better than

fair enough. I wonder if itā€™s assuming that a variable amount is used by default?

my node ā€œworksā€ for 4 satellites simultaneously, how is it possible that the API shows for each of them a different ā€œUptimeā€ value? this is probably not the ā€œUptimeā€ node rather the ā€œUptimeā€ satellite ā€¦upt12L9 upt118U

You run it one time, once itā€™s been done you donā€™t re run it as far as I know. Soā€¦what would be the point? Iā€™m sure this works great if youā€™re starting a new node but to add to existing running nodes.

I love how everyone is just like ā€œoh just -p 14002:14002ā€ with zero context. So youā€™re just on your own to figure it out. Thatā€™s fine.

You seem to have some issue with dashboard. Can you please elaborate on what issues exactly you are facing ? @Nastea

Satellites do their own uptime checks for your node at random times, so when you are down you may be failing more uptime checks for one satellite than for the other. This is why there is now a design being worked on that can more precisely check your uptime by monitoring much more closely when your node is down.
Additionally and likely more important, not all satellites were there from the beginning. I had some issues with my node failing uptime checks early on that went undiagnosed because everything seemed to be running fine. Turns out my router was dropping connections left and right. I was able to fix that when my node was temporarily below threshold and I finally found out about the issue. This impacted satellites that were around at the time, but not the ones that were spun up later. So I have perfect uptime on the newer sats, but not on the older ones.
A third thing that can impact it is when your node is down and one of the satellites is as well. When a satellite is down, it canā€™t perform uptime checks, so your node would get a free pass, while it would be failing uptime checks on other sats.

So no, it doesnā€™t measure satellite uptime, but satellite uptime could in some scenarios impact this. Hope that helps.

2 Likes