Storj stay offline windows

hello. everyone im new to storj. i made account 2 days ago. install windows gui but in dashboard show offline i try 4 or more times delete gui and install again still same offline, and i log show error one satellite error

Welcome to the forum @tp19!

Try this checklist

Please, take a look on the similar cases: https://forum.storj.io/search?expanded=true&q=tags%3Awindows%2Boffline, one of them will be yours.

you mean my static ip is match and when i start node port open

Yes, is the port open?
If so, please, check your identity: https://documentation.storj.io/dependencies/identity#confirm-the-identity

port is open, identity verification shown 2,3

give me 20min i back to home and post screen shots

one of satellite show 0% and same satellite give error in long another satellite 100%

Yes, the one of the satellites was shutdown.
Please, check that your contact.external-address: option in the config file contains your external address with port (PowerShell).

sls external-address 'C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\config.yaml'

im start my pc so fallow your script i get my device ip and port number i will share my ip
C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\config.yaml:17:contact.external-address: 192.168.1.184:28967

Opera Snapshot_2020-10-04_150449_www.yougetsignal.com fallow router ip port is open

PS C:\Windows\system32> (sls BEGIN “$env:AppData\Storj\Identity\storagenode\identity.cert”).count

(sls BEGIN “$env:AppData\Storj\Identity\storagenode\ca.cert”).count
PS C:\Windows\system32>

log error

2020-10-04T15:02:00.278+0300 ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “118UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW”, “attempts”: 6, “error”: “ping satellite error: rpc: context deadline exceeded”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite error: rpc: context deadline exceeded\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.dialTransport:211\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.dial:188\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc.Dialer.DialNodeURL:148\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:124\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

so dont know where is problem. port is open identity is verify btw i have 2 pc and 2 identity and both is same node offline

how to remove not worked satellite? it possible? i think problem is of his satellite node not start. site show i cant make any more reply just after 22h.

so open port shut show on pc ip 192.168.1.184 or on my isp ip 213.170…
if on device ip port is close if on my isp ip port is open

thanks (nerdatwork) my node online, problem was when i set up node i use device ip not router ip. i change it i config.yaml restart node and i see is now online

Your problem is here ^

It should be 213.170.(rest of the address) from :arrow_down:

This will become 213.170.(enter rest of the ip):28967

1 Like

I would like recommend to make sure that your WAN IP is static. If not, then better to register your own DDNS name on DDNS provider, such as no-IP.com, configure your router to update it and use it instead of WAN IP in the contact.external-address: option.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Login Problem on Step 4 …?

i dont need ddns as i have static ip im not ordering isp if not providing static ip, node running great in 20h use 15gb storage

i have more questions i cant get access on my second laptop to dashboard vea ip, also today i will start second node and how i can monitoring both nodes? i can add second node on same id as first node and see total amount of hdd in one dash? also how i can add second hdd to first node? and please dont post something about docker im not use docker and not interested any setup with docker