Storj stay offline windows

You need to modify the line in your config.yaml file (also make sure it is not commented out) and then restart your node.
console.address: 127.0.0.1:14002
Should be
console.address: :14002

When you make a second node, you will need a brand new identity signed with a new authorization token. It will be a separate instance from your first node. Currently there is no way to combine multiple node dashboards into one. You will need to pick a different console.address port number (e.g. 14003) and view the dashboard separately. There are future plans to provide for multiple nodes on one dashboard.

It is usually better to create a second node instead of adding an additional hard drive to the first node. If one hard drive of the two fails you lose all data on a single node. If you run two nodes on two hard drives, if one fails you still have the other. This spreads the risk of having a hard drive fail.

I have heard good things about @Vadim’s Win GUI Toolbox for running multiple GUI nodes. I have not used it myself though. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you for answer. how i stop node?

You can use the commands for windows GUI found here:
https://documentation.storj.io/resources/faq/system-maintenance
You will need to use powershell with administrator privileges.

1 Like

i change console address but still cant login

Have you verified that you can open the dashboard on the local machine? It is possible that you need to open port 14002 on the local machine firewall. So there is no confusion, I do not mean to open port 14002 to the open internet (on your router), only to your local network.

on local machine is open web dashboard buy i need on my main laptop as node is 100m away from home

i enable console address but still cant get access with second pc, try also console ip and port,1207.0.0.1:14002 nothing
WIN_20201005_19_43_32_Pro

Your configuration looks good. Are you still able to access the dashboard on the machine that is running the node? Is the node machine and your main laptop on the same LAN? You made sure to save the config.yaml file before restarting the node, yes?

im using wifi on both devices. yes on console i can still open web dashboard but on my laptop not working, yes first i stop node, change config,restart node,start node

If it is working from the node machine, it should work from others on your network. Just type <node_lan_ip>:14002 into a browser, where <node_lan_ip> is the local address (192.168.xxx.xxx or similar). If you cannot reach it from another computer, it likely means a firewall on the node machine is blocking port 14002.

1 Like

not open 192.168…:14002 conection refused

how i can turn off firewall? im use windows 10 little edition

You would need to add a port rule in the exact same way as you did when you installed the node software with port 28967, except it will be port 14002.

This part of the docs: https://documentation.storj.io/dependencies/port-forwarding#make-sure-to-add-a-firewall-rule

Add an inbound rule. Outbound shouldn’t be needed.

1 Like

okey i will try right now. on both in and ou add rule?

and rule add to program or port?

Add by port. See the doc I linked above, it should provide all steps. Instead of port 28967 use port 14002, and give it a unique name like Storj Dashboard instead of StorjV3.

1 Like

thank you so much again working great i able open with my laptop

1 Like

im try also open with mac mini also it open web dash.

can i do same open logs on power shell? or it works just on concole?

The powershell commands in the documentation will only work on the local machine. But the file could be opened from anywhere if the save location is made a network share.

1 Like