Storjstats.info, the community frontend for stats.storjshare.io

Although there is Ingress and Egress for all satellites, It appears that storage_total_bytes is stuck from Wednesday 21st onwards. I assume data is being added, as my node has usage ingress, so maybe something wrong with the stat. I have checked the json and it is the same as the dashboard

Looks like the metric got removed due to some refactoring that happened, but the fix is already merged and it should be back in the next release. Sorry about that!
Thank you!

4 Likes

Thanks @cameron thought something wasn’t quiet right. Would be good when the dashboard is finalised. I noticed in the json reply, that there is the option for “full nodes” per satellite. Is this a stat that can be added to the dashboard.

Note that the dashboard is a community project. cameron doesn’t have anything to do with the dashboard, just with the API.

4 Likes

So, back from my holidays :wink:

That value is already gathered, so I just need to add it. I will further work on the new Dashboard and try to find a place for it.

5 Likes

Thanks @Arkina. I saw the stat in the node json and I edited my view (edited suspended stat) and put it into the “Live status nodes”

When there are more “full” nodes, it’s interesting to see the ingress increase on my free space node. Equally, when there is a mass delete you see the ingress drop on the free space nodes as it is share on the previously full nodes

1 Like

FYI, metrics storage_remote_segments_lost and storage_min_healthy_pieces_count are under maintenance and is not being updated since October 10 - 3PM (UTC)

3 Likes

I have finally added the new metrics to the Scraping config. You can also find those reflected on the WIP Dashboard, mostly on the second row.

Now there is an additional piechart for the networkstorage usage with the new expanded metric (storj_stats_storage_total_bytes_after_expansion). To reflect the effective used data on the nodes i have substracted the storj_stats_storage_inline_bytes.

I was not 100% sure how to display those in a meaningful way, but let me know if you have another Idea how to Reflect them.

EDIT:
I think i will remove the first overall Pie Chart as it dos not really show the effective used Storage for all nodes, while the new Pie Chart does. Also i will wait for more data gathered and then decide which graphs i going to implement in the final updated Dashboard.

4 Likes

These stats have been announced a few days ago. You my friend, were very quick! :smiley:

I assumed this was already excluded since the expansion factor doesn’t apply to that data to begin with.

Some of them, but i think others were already there since months (active wallets and payouts i think)

I don’t think so, if i read the description of the metrics i assume total includes both inline and remote bytes:

• storage_total_bytes_after_expansion - total number of bytes stored on the network after expansion by erasure coding
  • storage_total_bytes - total number of bytes (both inline and remote) stored on the network

But maybe a storjling can shed some light :wink:

Agreed.
The clarification about inline bytes is noticeably missing from the description for storage_total_bytes_after_expansion though.

Btw, with the new after expansion stats available. This pie chart is a little weird as it includes free space (which would be used after expansion) and used data before expansion.

If you want to represent space available to customers, the free space should be divided by 2.5 (roughly, you could also calculate the actual average expansion rate with the provided numbers before and after expansion) to better represent usable space. The other graph after expansion is more realistic.

Edit: whoops, just noticed you already said you wanted to remove that one in an edit on your previous message.

Yes, i keep it for now as i’d expect some confusion, actually that graph was “wrong” all time as i never calculated the expansion factor. But now since we have the original data it does not make sense to keep that.
Not sure how i should handle the historical graph beside it, i have now added the original metric , utliplied with expansion of 2.4 and aside the new graph. A bit inaccurate but it should to the trick.

1 Like

@Arkina Website needs to be updated to reflect decommissioned satellites.

Yes, i will try to Update the Dashboard next week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finally got time to remove the old Satellites, yay :tada:

5 Likes