Super high gas price

At this moment ETH gas price is over 55$, basically storj will pay a couple of times more for gas then the amount people made last month.

Is this ok? Is another way for storj to pay us?

Where do you see gas prices being 55 dollars?

1 Like

Gas price should be under 150 gwei and there by less than $4- where are you seeing such high pricing?

Sorry :slight_smile: i misunderstood something in myetherwallet, i tried swapping some storj to etherium and it told me the fee is: 55$

This is what I was able to find on changely (not endorsing them, just reference):

When trying to exchange with Atomic Wallet it tells me that the network fee is 0.0067ETH or $7.9 for 380 STORJ… So that is rather high… 380 STORJ is 0.1ETH which is $120 so the network fee is over 6% in my case…

That always depends on the time and network load. I exchanged some Storj for BTC last night and the price has fluctuated a lot the whole time. In between it was 30$ less. I paid just under 4$ for fees yesterday. Now I would pay almost 12$ for the same.
I use exodus. There the fees adjust every minute.

Look at this transaction : https://etherscan.io/tx/0x200b8d6434add072ce19d849f4c3699fd09f1ccf1a105d3f129f8a8a61b8174f
Yes, that’s me paying $80…whoops!

Ouch that is very unfortunate howd you manage that?

Creating a token called BadgerStork in metamask and then clicking confirm without checking.
On the positive side, I am now a millionaire (in BadgerStork erc20 tokens)

3 Likes

thanks for the post @goldyka
you may be interested in reading this thread which describes the company response to sudden high prices in ETH,and how we are handling payouts. thank you!
Minimum Threshold for Storage Node Operator Payouts

When is the STORJ token gonna reach such high values?
Can’t wait :sweat_smile:

Jees!
Transaction Fee: 005858556 Ether ($7.07)