Suspension & Audit Section Question

I was away in hospital for a few weeks and when I came back I noticed that my node had not been running for some reason. After restarting the node I noticed that in the Suspension & Audit section was showing all of the sections as having red errors. I realised this was because the node had been offline and after running the node for the last few weeks 5 out of the 6 have moved up % but one has stayed at 50% and has not moved. Please see picture attached. I am not sure why or what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Eff

Hi @rowdymuncher ,
Sorry to hear you were in hospital. Hope things are well with you now. I’ll forward this to the team for some answers.

Fantastic Thank you.

I hope you feel well!

Just keep it running. When a node comes out of the reported downtime window, its online score should get better.
See How is the online score calculated? - Node Operator for details

However, I would recommend to search for errors like “ping satellite failed” and check that your firewall/ISP doesn’t block connections to and from this specific satellite.

1 Like

Thanks Alexey, I have left the node running and all satellites are increasing in % except for the last one that is stuck on 50% and has not moved. How do I search for any “satellite errors” I am new to this and just learning.

I appreciate all your help that you are giving me.

Cheers
Eff

Then apply filters (depending on your OS). You can take an example from there:

My node went offline for 3 weeks while I was out of town. Obviously all nodes suspended me. The node has been back online now for a week but my suspension score is not increasing at all. Will my node ever recover or shall I just dump it and start again?

it could recover, but will need to be more than 30 days online. Each offline event will require another 30 days online.

It sounds like I would be better off starting over with a new node or will it magically recover at the 30 day point? It would be nice to see that it is making progress towards recovery

If your node would be disqualified - you will not miss this warning on the dashboard.
Since it’s not disqualified - it has a great chance to recover. Just make sure it’s online.

Just received a notice that I have been suspended from us-central-1 because of audit errors. The weird thing is that us-central-1 is not on the list of 6 nodes that I talk to so not sure where this is coming from.

Your Node is Suspended

Node ID:

xxxx

Your Storage Node on the us-central-1 Satellite was suspended because it produced errors too often during audits.

You were suspended on 2022-02-26 at 15:03 UTC.

You won’t receive any new data on this Satellite until you resolve the issue causing your node to be offline. See [here].

This is US1 and it should be on your dashboard. You also should see a drop in suspension score for this satellite.
You can submit an issue on GitHub to update the name US-Central-1 to US1 in such emails: Issues · storj/storj · GitHub

A post was merged into an existing topic: Suspension score dropped with no errors, then reverted