[Tech Preview] Multinode Dashboard Binaries

found what i was missing… in the identity install in on the docs.storj.io page
Identity - Node Operator

i guess this is just common knowledge… :smiley:
mv identity /usr/local/bin/identity

got it installed, i can get the node api’s easily enough.

however when doing
multinode run

i get

2021-07-22T14:19:07.971Z INFO Configuration loaded {“Location”: “/root/.local/share/storj/multinode/config.yaml”}
2021-07-22T14:19:07.996Z INFO db Database Version {“version”: 0}

and then it just sort of stalls… and nothing happens even if i leave it…
tried accessing the multinode webdashboard over
HTTP and HTTPS://10.0.0.101:15002 tried adding my-nodes to the URL also didn’t work

checked my iptables and that UFW wasn’t enabled.
set it to allow tcp to 15002 for iptables, as there was some rules existing… looked like something docker made tho…

doing CTRL+C it will exit

with this

^C2021-07-22T14:30:53.569Z      INFO    Got a signal from the OS: "interrupt"
2021-07-22T14:30:54.070Z        ERROR   servers unexpected shutdown of a runner {"name": "console:endpoint", "error": "multinode console server: http: Server closed", "errorVerbose": "multinode console server: http: Server closed\n\tstorj.io/storj/multinode/console/server.(*Server).Run.func2:183\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57"}
Error: multinode console server: http: Server closed

i checked the config.yaml and it exists and the identity is created and located correctly

also i have existing storagenodes on the system with correct port routing, so far as i can tell it’s like the multinode run command doesn’t complete the inital start up…

i also run an apt upgrade and rebooted the container without seeing any change in its behavior.

nevermind… had to set the local ip in the config.yaml

from

# server address of the api gateway and frontend app
# console.address: 127.0.0.1:15002

to

# server address of the api gateway and frontend app
 console.address: 10.0.0.101:15002

hola a todos, hi all
233 / 5000

Resultados de traducción

My question is where can I find the api key of the operator node, or generate the api key of the operator node, I’ve been trying to find where it is or how it is created for several days, although my clumsiness prevents me from finding it or making an api key

Hello @jero00 ,
Welcome to the forum!

From the initial post:

Here: storagenode - is a binary file. For Windows it is in "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe"
With --config-dir option you should specify the path to the config file. For the Windows GUI it’s "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\\" (note the double backslash at the end).
With --identity-dir option you should specify the path to the identity. For the Windows GUI the identity is usually placed inside the "%APPDATA%\Storj\Identity\storagenode" (use "$env:AppData\Storj\Identity\storagenode" if you run it in the PowerShell).

1 Like

Fixed, it does not put the double quotes or the backslash at the end ("Folder\address\Node \ \ ") and when entered in the multinode dashboard the address is
IP or DNS: PORT node
Greetings and thanks for responding so soon, now I have to find out why they are not going online in the multinode dashboard
estatus

because it’s not fixed yet

It would be really nice if the dashboard could refresh itself in certain -maybe even customizable- intervals.

the ability to move the nodes around on the my nodes list would also be nice…
added a couple in the wrong sequence.

and then in payouts mine doesn’t show the current month earnings.
but im guess thats either because i just installed it or because that part isn’t working code yet.

but looks good… and as always it would be nice to be able to see deletions along with ingress, egress, bandwidth.

keep up the good work.

At last a sort function. Having the same issue in my case it would help if I could sort by name.

1 Like

I am running on Ubuntu 20.04 on an amd64 platform and have all of the same bugs @baker has. Added all nodes without issue.

i think the code is just incomplete still…
and yeah not really very useful in its current form…
i do use it to check my total ingress and such lol
which is really sad because that just means i don’t have anything better installed lol

for me like you, MND basically doesn’t work…
i don’t think its a bug

v1.37.2
Missing Status no
It is impossible to add more than 11 nodes.

Отсутствует Статус
Невозможно добавить более 11 нод.

worked fine for me, tho i might be on an older version, tried to check, but can’t find it any obviously place in the webgui…

it can be a bit buggy when adding nodes, in my experience.

Thank you for the continued work on the multinode dashboard. I am now able to see if nodes are online or not at a quick glance. Looking forward to improvements in the future.

1 Like

Hi all,
I’m not sure about the understanding of the storagenode API. This I need to generate on every Node I have and use it to include the node to the MND, right?
So if I have the MND on a Windows Machine and have 3 nodes on 3 differents Linux servers on docker I need to conenct to each node and generate and individual API key?

Best regards,
Crash

so far as i remember yes, and do save the api keys in an orderly fashion so you can reuse them, if you ever need to reinstall the MND.

when you have the api key, node id, ip address and port number, then you just add them to the MND interface, i think atleast when i was setting mine up last time one needed to allow popups or use regular browsers like chromium based, and not have adblocker… cannot remember which one was the reason it initially didn’t want to add the nodes for me…

or maybe i remember it wrong and it was just because i put in the wrong port…
but its been a long time since i configured it last, so hopefully it’s a lot more smooth these days.

also my install of it is messed up now, so i will need to generate api keys again… yay
still works like 90% so haven’t really bothered lol but am lacking a couple of nodes, which i have been unable to add back, and i cannot figure out why.
and didn’t save the api keys because i didn’t think i would need them again… or maybe i did but i can’t find them.

Thanks, I was able to create the API Keys and was also able to add all my 3 Nodes to the Dashboard. Everything was running smooth.
Another question which was asked at the top but not found any answer here in this topic. Is there a way to open the MND (x.x.x.x:15002) from another PC in the network or the internet? The Connection is always refused when I not use the loopback IP.

Can I uncomment the 127.0.0.1 in the conifg and also remove the “#” like I can do it on the storagenode?

Thanks

exactly right tho i think 127.0.0.1 is localhost/loopback or whatever its called… so not sure if you can access the system externally when using that, so you might need to use the ip address of the system instead. and then ofc the port will need to be open if you have a firewall or such in the way

i checked my own multinode/config.yaml and its set to the ip of the system
instead of 127.0.0.1:15002… so something like 192.168.1.15:15002 usually

Hi,

It is working as expected, thanks

Best regards,

1 Like