[Testers Needed] Filezilla Onboarding Page

Just tried.
I deleted the bucket: OK.
I created a new one: OK.
I tried to upload a new one: KO :confused:

The messages on the bottom says:
ā€œImpossible to start the transferā€.

I created an empty file directly on the target server (i.e. to tardigrade satellite): it works!
I tried to edit its content: it works too! The file has been updated on Tardigrade and I am able to see my modifications (the size has changed and I was able to see the content).

[EDIT] OK, Iā€™m feeling very stupidā€¦ I actually used a different API Key (please donā€™t kick me). I thought I used the same because I requested an API Key on fz.tardigrade.io with the same email addressā€¦ First characters were the same and so I thought it was actually the same (since the site is for testing purpose, I thought it was the same API Key for everybodyā€¦).
I can see with uplink the bucket I created with FileZilla.
But I still have a problem to upload files with FileZilla.

So this problem with non-ANSI characters is still here. The FileZilla is unable to open local location if it contains non-ANSI characters.
If you would rename the local folder TƩlƩchargements to Downloads (or move file locally to the folder with ANSI characters), the upload will start.
This problem is exist only on Windows.

1 Like

@deathlessdd
On first pic there is a E3-1265L v2 wiht hypervisore esxi and machine 2012 r2, as on the sec pic there is CPU i5-8350 CPU, I am not sure what is using the CPU so much, maybe encryption?

Yes, you absolutely right. The encryption is processed on your machine before upload to the network.

I canā€™t reproduce the non-ANSI problem on windows:

I can upload just fine from local directories containing non-ANSI characters.

Youā€™re right, itā€™s working now!

Unfortunately noā€¦ Iā€™m using FileZilla on Ubuntu 20.04 :confused:

Actually, as I said in my post just above, Iā€™m on Ubuntu and not on Windows.

So yeah your second one is identical to my laptop, CPU usage I mean im using a i5 7200U The encryption process is much dependent on cpu power, on my high end cpu it only uses 3.2% uploading 10 files at the same time.

So, the other way around?
I need to test that. In the v2 it was a problem on Windows but working on Linux.

Iā€™m not sure encryption is the problem Iā€™m seeing.
I have an old but more than capable dual quad-core Xeon Mac Pro and CPU usage barely goes up when Iā€™m uploading files.
No idea what it is thatā€™s stalling my transfers.

Could you say - is your connections/traffic filtered somehow (firewall, antivirus, PiHole as a DNS resolver)?
What is your upstream speed?

I tried many random ports using http://portquiz.net/ and they are all open so far.
My theoretical upload bandwidth is 20mbps.
I have not tried again (will do tonight) however it seems that the limiting factor of the first attempt was node availability.

No firewall or antivirus. I do have PiHole as a DNS resolver, but canā€™t see how that could affect anything?

My upstream speed is 160Mbps

perhaps it could not resolve some storagenodes addresses. Can you try temporarily not using it?

Your incoming ports could be closed, but outgoing ports should not be blocked.

I confirm the outgoing ports are not closed. http://portquiz.net/ is an outgoing port tester.

1 Like

Sure, Iā€™ll give it a try next time I have some time

Uploads keep getting stuck.
Small files like 100 MB upload ok. 1.5 GB file keeps getting stuck. Router monitor shows no upload traffic anymore after a while.

So, finally today had time to do a proper test on this:

1. The onboarding page is now responsive, thanks @super3 and team!
  2. The full onboarding process is pretty straightforward, enter e-mail, get credentials, follow video and you should be all set.
  3. There are issues on larger files as others mentioned, it gets better with multiple transfers set to 10 as advised but needs some improvements. Small files however are fine.

Suggestions:

• I would like to have received my API key in my e-mail or a link where I could check it again. This would be useful for users (like me) that have found about this when browsing on their phone.
  • The API token page feels a bit empty, not that it impacts functionality but if you could provide a written quickstart as well would help.
1 Like

I have multiple transfers set to 10. A 700 MB file just went through. Another one didnā€™t make it and just restarted upload. The 1.5 GB still gets stuck on its way up.

Update: Now the 1.5 GB file went through as well.