[Testers Needed] Filezilla Onboarding Page

Testing it right now it really feels like the file size matters alot when uploading though.

Thanks.
I tried with uplink client but it doesn’t find the bucket.

For your information, I took a screenshot of my connection with filezilla:

The “?” character on the upper view of the upper view of the remote site is probably an issue, don’t you think?

Ah, I see. You reproduced this issue:

You can try to use this command to see your bucket

uplink ls --recursive

The short explanation - you have created a bucket with an empty name and path testfilezilla inside. I would assume that there are some files (because you can’t create a prefix without an object).

And this can be easily reproduced, since the FileZilla is offering to create a folder in a format /new folder. Such a format creates a bucket with empty name. But I wonder how they keep the prefix then.

Hummmm, still cannot see it :confused:

On FileZilla, I wasn’t able to upload anything. I just created a directory (a bucket).

Could you share what the uplink ls is showing you?
and uplink ls sj://testfilezilla

It is very natural to compare with FTP as it is built into Filezilla. This is what users will be doing.
Nevertheless as I said a 700mb file should not take hours to upload. In fact I cancelled the upload as it did not work. It has been running for HOURS restarting over and over again.

I uploaded files at 2-3GB multiple times with no problems. So it certainly isn’t a general problem. What’s your upload bandwidth?

I took screen shots of me uploading files none of which took hours to upload, nor did they fail to upload are you blocking any out going ports?

I had 25 files to upload. Different sizes and different formats. Generally upload was very slow. Some files remained at 0 B upload speed for a LONG time.
Finally 24 went through. 1 remaining file did not. This one kept restarting over and over again.

As the other files went through, that one file should have gone through as well.

I just started to upload some files, this is the output.
My concern is regarding CPU usage, I have 500 MBs upload line.
Maybe I will try to add some additional CPU power and see if there is any improvement on the upload speed.

UPDATE:

In parallel I started an additional file from another device(laptop) - CPU i5-8350 CPU @1.7 GHZ:
Is the high CPU usage normal? The other 2 uploads from first device did not got affected, same upload speed, so is not a bottleneck from my uplink.

UPDATE 2 : download usage and speed

Interesting, when I upload a 500MB file and a few more smaller ones, the CPU still doesn’t go above 15% with average more like 5% usage on a Ryzen 1600 (6*3.2GHz + HT) and a 5MB/s upload bandwidth. Higher bandwidth will of course generate a higher cpu usage.
During downloads at 20MB/s I get around 10% too.

I think @shatra mean that they have an upstream of 500Mbps, because they showed a transfer of two files 3.5GB each

1 Like

I also had lots of files of several sizes.
There seemed to be periods of time where everything just stopped for a couple of minutes and then start again (saturating my 150Mbps upstream bandwidth).
Very odd.
And no, no ports blocked (before anyone asks)

1 Like

Capture d’écran du 2020-11-01 17-15-57

+ What I see on FileZilla 3.51 after I tried to send a file to my bucket “testfilezilla”:

This just looks like your using a totally different account did you remove the old setup for uplink and use the api that you got when you signed up? I tested both linux and windows for filezilla and they both work just fine. Also can you just create a new bucket on filezilla and try to upload to that one instead?

Im curious what kinda cpu do you have? Looks simlar to my laptops cpu use-age.

I just added a new access to my uplink (that’s why I used the “–access” flag).
I think there is nothing wrong with the uplink configuration. I think the problem is on FileZilla side since:

• I can’t upload any file from there
  • The bucket is displayed with a “?”, which seems to say that there is a problem

The ? is just like that until you click on it, if the bucket exists the ? does go away after you go into the bucket.

OK! Thanks.
But I keep thinking the problem is on FileZilla side (or my FileZilla configuration). I can’t upload anything from there

This is mine
If you cant access the bucket try to delete it or create a new bucket and see if its able to create one.